Adrianne: Chapter nine - the truth revealed

A lie is a truth that is waiting to reveal itself.

Eliot felt that his hand was burning; his body ached and felt like splinters were poking him, he groaned...

He froze... his groan didn't sound like the usual low growl of a panther... it sounded like his human voice.

He panicked, he opened his eyes... he was lying sideways on the grass, he looked around he was inside the hollowed tree; Adrianne's bag was in the corner. His hand was throbbing, he looked at it. He was shocked, what he expected to be a paw, He saw his hand, and it had a cut on the middle finger. Crap, He looked around, the ground seemed to be disturbed, there was a huge depression like something was dragged across it. He winced. It seems that Adrianne had dragged him inside...

Adrianne...

Eliot panicked! She will be shocked if he saw him in his human form, he tried to change... but he felt dizzy, fuck! What happened? Eliot tried again, but his dizziness grew worse. He staggered, he reached out towards the edges of the tree... the wind blew across the insides. He shivered. he smelled that a storm was approaching. He stood against the wall, he leaped again when he felt that the wall seems to be prssing against his body... with utmost horror he realized that  HE WAS NAKED! And Adrianne would be shocked enough as it is. He quickly dove for the farthest end of the hollow, it was a place where mushrooms have been growing, and He dug around the mushrooms. Until he felt something soft. He grabbed it quickly and put it on, it was a pair of his breeches made out of moxtail fur, and he also fished around for his tunic and several of his weapons he snuck around. Once he felt he was presentable enough, he tried to prevent the bile from rising from his throat.

he keep thinking of ways to explain to Adrianne who he was and what he is, he paced back and forth, trying to change tomhis pantherine form, but for once his animal side was quite.  He cursed... 

Suddenly he heard a frantic movement on the entrance of the hollow, well here it goes. Facing his doom

ELLIE!!!  I'm he.......

Adrianne burst into the hollow a skein of water was on her hand.... She dropped it spilling its contents on the earth with a splash. When she saw Eliot standing where his animal self had been. They were frozen, looking at each other.  Adrianne's face was shocked but it was slowly turning into silent fury. Eliot was silently observing her. her face was starting to  relaxed but there was a slight crease in her forehead, her lips was set in a hard line, and her eyes.... her eyes looked like frozen blades of ice. Eliot saw her other hand moved, unsheathing the knife he gave her, still he stood his ground. CRAP! Why was this supposed to happen now...?

What ARE YOU!!!? Adrianne said raising the knife and pointing it at Eliot.

You don't recognize me? After you slept besides me for 6 days you don't recognize me?

Eliot said a note of teasing in his voice. Please laugh, please don't do this.

Recognition flashed in Adrianne's eyes.... 

You’re Ellie?

She whispered quietly. 

 He smiled hesitatingly. Well my real name is Eliot....  So....

Why! She screamed.

Why? Eliot said puzzled...

Why! Adrianne said more forcefully brandishing the knife

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WERE HUMAN!!!

Eliot flinched at the venom in her voice. He felt the betrayal in her movements.... He had hurt her....