Chapter Five

My dad pulls up to Olivia's house. I rush out of the woman's car compartment and hurry up the porch to the door. I groan as I remember that I have to wait for my dad so that he could knock on the door. Finally my dad makes it up the porch and knocks. Olivia's dad answers the door. "Hello, Kaya. Joel." Mr. Spruce nods at my dad. "Good evening, sir." I reply. "I asume you're here to see my daughter?" Mr. Spruce asks me. I nod. He opens the door for me and says good bye to my father. "Kaya! You're here!" Olivia says as she walks down the stairs. Her red hair looks great. I rarely see it curly. She should wear it like that more often. "Hey, Via." I smile. She rolls her eyes and rushes over to me. "Let's go." She pulls me up the stairs and into her room. Olivia is one of the only girls I know that has a glow screen in her room. Glow screens are like the televisions they had in the old days. Glow screens are much better. You think of what you want to watch and tell the glow screen. You can watch anything that was ever recorded for television screening. Ever. It's great. Most girls don't get to watch glow screens very often. Olivia's an only child, though, so that means she has some more advantages because her parents don't have to look after anyone else.
I love Olivia's room. She has a baby blue bed spread on a double size four poster bed . The curtains around the bed are white with blue flowers on them. Her window curtains are baby blue. Her carpet is also white. Her bed is oppisite of her glowy-the short verson for glow screen-, and on the wall beside that is her white desk and vanity. Oppisite that is her closet. One of the reasons Olivia and I became friends so easily was because blue was the colour of both of our clothes. When Olivia was younger her favorite colour was blue, but now it's pink. It's almost the opposite of me. When I was younger my favorite colour was pink, but now I don't really care anymore. Olivia both sit on her bed and I pull our the couple nail polishes that I brought. Olivia immediatly goes for the light pink one. It's her favorite. I take my time before choosing a smooth pearly gray. "Ooh! I love that colour on you!" Says Olivia. I smile. Olivia always makes my day with her compliments. Olivia and I laugh and giggle and gossip for the next hour before Olivia turns to me, her facial expression serious. "Kaya. I really need to talk to you about something. It's been bugging be for weeks now." I put the nail polish on her nightstand, giving her my full attention. "I really, really want Jake to be my husband. " She says. "I just don't know if he's ever planning on asking me." Wow. I can see the sadness and worry on her face. "Olivia, I-" Suddenly a rock hits her window. I smile to myself as she goes over to it and draws the curtains. Carefully, she opens the window. I smile to myself and hurry over to where she's standing. We see him at the same time. "Jake!" She gasps. I giggle. I just can't help myself. "Olivia, I love you more than anything in the world. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to protect you, love you and always be there for you." Jake bends down on one knee. Olivia, will you marry me?" Olivia starts to cry quietly. I can feel it in the air, how much the love each other. "Of course, Jake!" Olivia sobs, happily. I smile. This is just how Jake pictured it. He tosses up a small box. Olivia opens it and gasps. "It's perfect!" She exclaims. Olivia turns to me. " Where you in on this?" She asks, trying to be angry but failing misrably. I laugh and Jake shouts "Thanks for all your help, Kaya!" Before walking away.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Just so that everyone knows, the ring that I posted in this chapter is the same one that Olivia gets from Jake.