Getting Shots (Baby!Zayn, Little!Niall, Little!Liam)

Prompt: Please do more baby Zayn stories, because I love any story with baby Zayn. How about do a prompt where they have to get their shots updated and doesn't like those kind of needles and Daddy Harry is the only one who helps make things better. He sits on his daddy while he gets his shots. PLEASE!!!!

I am seriously in love with this prompt. It's kind of awkward because I'm a Zayn girl but ohhhh well it's adorable. <3

Louis stared at the calendar in front of him with a sense of dread. He had checked, double-checked, and even triple-checked to make sure he had the right date, and even though he wished it wasn't the third Wednesday in November, it most certainly was. He cleared his throat and turned to see his family in the living room, happy that they were having the day off. They just didn't know why.

"Harry? Babe, can you come here please?" He called. Sure enough, his boyfriend hurried into the room, grinning that toothy smile that he had always loved.

"What's up, Lou?"

Instead of replying directly, Louis simply lifted his hand and pointed to the small square on the calendar. He squinted his eyes to look at it, but they immediately grew wide again with the realization of what the day would hold. "You're sure?"

"Positive. I don't know how we forgot." He groaned, rubbing his eyes roughly.

Always the loving boyfriend, Harry smiled softly and patted Louis' back. "It's okay, love. We've been through this before. Let's go tell them, yeah?" When Louis feebly nodded, Harry took his hand and pulled him toward the living room. Liam, their oldest 'son', was sitting on the floor in front of the telly, watching a Disney movie for what must have been the fiftieth time that week. Niall, the middle child, was helping baby Zayn build a tower of blocks. Louis would have cooed at the sight, but there was something serious on his mind.

"I need you boys to get ready to go! Come on, big boy clothes on, teeth brushed..." He could have gone on, but instead of doing so he picked up Zayn, their youngest. Zayn was only about one and a half in his headspace, and as troublesome as you would expect a baby to be, he was pretty calm. He smiled and set his head against Harry's neck. He had been pretty clingy to that particular daddy for the last few days, but nobody really minded. It was sweet.

Liam looked up, the movie in front of  him completely forgotten. "Where are we going?"

"Can we go to the toy store?" Niall gasped, hopping onto his feet and accidentally knocking over the tower. He didn't even notice because he was so excited.

Louis nervously sucked in a breath, running a hand through his hair. "Maybe later. We actually have to go to the doctor's today..."

Niall and Liam frowned at the same time, both of them not expecting that. Usually they knew in advance when they were going because their daddies would tell them, but today was a surprise. They didn't like not being prepared. Niall, scowling, turned his back to Louis and Harry and crossed his arms. "Not going!" He announced.

They had all been through this before. None of the boys liked to go to the doctor, but it was a thing that had to be done. Seeing as Harry had Zayn in his arms, he wasn't able to comfort the smaller blonde, so Louis stepped up instead. He ruffled Niall's hair. "Come on, Nialler. It won't be that bad. After we're all finished I'll take you to the toy store like you wanted. How does that sound?" Immediately, Niall's blue eyes sparkled. He squeaked out an "okay!" and ran upstairs, Liam tagging along behind him.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought." Harry chuckled. He kissed Zayn's forehead, heading toward the stairs. "Let's go get you ready."

Even though Zayn was nineteen and fully capable of getting ready for himself, he was almost helpless when he was in his headspace. It wasn't that any of the boys minded, because really, they all loved each other and loved the family they had put together. If Zayn wanted to be one year, he could. It was that simple. As promised, Harry helped him dress into what was always his favorite outfit while Louis helped with the other two boys. Their headspaces were more around four, so they could do some things themselves, but other things they still needed help with.