Poison Kisses

Chapter 8: Poison Kisses

I never thought about what happened last night. I couldn't comprehend how dark I had felt, The darkness that surrounded me. How could I be so stupid. And idiot beyond everything. I couldn't do it. "Why?!," I said sadly in the darkness of the pines.

3 Hours Earlier

My dad had left. He never talked to me after what happened about me and Elias. He never asked about the sex. He just asked about the meaning of it. But I swore I would never tell him. "Mom how are you?," I asked depressed over last nights dinner. "Great, just tired" She replied scratching her arm and taking in deep breaths. "Your dad won't be here till later tonight?," She asked. "Why?," I dictated confused. "It wouldn't matter," She replied. Then she left the house leaving me here alone. I didn't want to stay here. I was so bored after everything. Elias wouldn't be back till later. "How much longer," I asked myself suddenly and quietly. I paced to the counter to wash off the counter with a wet rag that had been left in the sink. "Kaylen?," A voice said. Startled as I was to know that there was no one here considering my mom and dad where gone. I turned over to see Haven standing over by the door. "Yeah?," I replied confused at the situation of why she was here. "What you doing here?," I asked softly. "Can I come in?," She asked. I let the young girl in confused at what was going on. "I want you to take me into the forest," She said sudden and anxious. "Um, why?," I asked softly. "Please?, I need you to see something," She replied anxious and nervously. "How important is it?," I asked. But she ran out of the door and into the forest ahead of me.

I ran up to her confused at the situation. We started to walk into the forest. "So where are we going Haven?," I asked. "You'll see," She exclaimed heartened at the situation. She started forwarding into the pines away from the house. I walked over super green grass in the forest. It seemed like a meadow or some type of fantasy. "So, why?," I asked. "You'll see Kin," She exclaimed in my nicknamed forum. Now it was all over again like Elias and me. It felt the same walking in the woods. But I never understood why Haven would want me to. "So where is the guy?," I asked trying hard to remember his name. "I don't know," She said as if she knew the man I was talking about. I tumbled over roots like crazy. Walking in the forest was not my thing. But Haven seemed to get it. She stumbled over everything as well, But wasn't tripping crazy. "Hey Haven, we really should go back...," I replied trying to catch up to her. "Besides your mother...," - "Shut up!, And just follow me!, why can't you listen!?," She exclaimed aloud.

Right then I shut my mouth as if nothing was wrong. We walked over plants that was poisonous by the looks of it. But how could I tell?, I never knew the difference between one tree or the other. "Your boggling words in my head Haven," I replied trying to keep up to the little girl who seemed to enjoy running in the woods alone. "It's gonna rain soon Haven" I replied staring at the clouds above me. I breathed in heavily and quickly.

"Were almost there Kin," She replied. She didn't seem like she was alright though. She seemed like there was a problem, But yet, She was happy. She never doubted anything. And by the looks of it she was also great. She ran in the woods, Butterflies seemed to surround her and a comfort feeling as if she belonged in the forest. I thought it was weird and strange. But then again, Following into the forest with a 12 year old was pretty strange to, Especially because she was not my kid. Nor was she Heathers. They adopted her. So why is she here. I thought "Okay, I still don't know where were going...," I replied. "5 more minutes or so" Was all she replied.

"Can I ask you something Haven" I said trying to feel more involved at a situation. "No you can't," She replied. I widened my eyes not caring about the whole arguments talk or anything. I tried leaving it be. And I just continued to follow her. Deeper and deeper into the woods. She kept touching the trees. She kept listening for sounds, She was kinda funny. I was just so anxious to know why. Why I was going into the forest with her. But I will end up finding why in a minute or so here. We ended up going down hill. pretty steep and hard to walk down. But she didn't care, She just ran down almost literally. When we got down I had seen a river. It was more like a huge widened pond. The water was so blue though, And no one was here except Haven and me, It was deserted in the mountains. The trees where so tall. It covered most of the skies view. It had a shadowy feeling. And half the pond was out, it was low by the looks of it. And there was sand like at the beach. The covered the areas the water was most low at.