StevexReader➳Dancer

Words: 351

Warnings: None

Requested by: charlotte3481 (sorry if my dance terms are off.. I'm the worst dancer on Earth so I wasn't sure.. Hope you like it xx)

--------------------

You took deep breathes trying to relax your nerves. Today was your dance competition and you were more nervous knowing your boyfriend, Steve Rogers, would be here to watch you. Sure, he'd seen you practice but this was the big day, costumes, makeup and crowds from around the world would come to see you ball room dance your feet off.

'Just be calm.' Your partner said.

You nodded before you heard the announcer call you both up. Shakily you took your partners hand and got into position. Everything was going amazingly until your foot slipped and you both almost fell.

'It was well executed until that misstep.' One judge said after your dance was done.

You hung your head as your partner rubbed your back reassuringly. The judges help up their scores and your heart dropped. The lowest one of the season and it was all your fault.

'I'm so sorry.' You mumbled to your partner.

'No, it's fine, we'll get 'em next year.' He said smiling sadly.

You grabbed your bag and sat on a chair before you felt two strong arms wrap around you.

'Steve-' You said smiling through your tears.

'What's the matter, Doll?' He asked sadly.

'Didn't you see? I ruined our chances!' You said as tears streamed down your cheeks.

Steve pulled you into a hug before pulling a bunch of roses from behind his back.

'You're the best dancer I know so it doesn't matter to me.' He cooed.

You smiled at him before a pit formed in your stomach.

'What about (partner's name)? He probably hates me!'

Steve looked around and saw that your partner was nowhere to be found.

'If he leaves you then I'll learn how to dance and be your partner for next season.'

You let out a chuckle at the image forming in your mind before hugging Steve tightly.

'Thank you so much-' You mumbled into his chest.

'Anything for you.' He replied as he played with your hair.

Messing up a dance number was the worst but having Steve Rogers to comport you made it all better.