Chapter 4

I am so bored. What is X over 10? Find the value of Y, blah, blah, blah. When are we ever gonna use this math in real life. This sucks. I have hatched an ingenious plan... I close my books, stack them on top of each other. I put a pained expression on my face and squirm, lifting my hand in the air. Mr Rimhorn looks up from behind wiry spectacles.

"Yes, Mr. Pan?" He asks, deadpan.

"I need to go to the loo."

"Well, you should've gone before class. Sorry to disappoint, especially with 45 minutes still left of class."

"I know and I'm sorry, Sir. You see I was up last night at my foster home looking after Nancy, my sick carer." I say.

"Okay, Peter. Make it quick." He tells me, nodding at the door.

I rush out of the classroom and turn the corner, the opposite direction of the toilets. I head to my little crevice where nobody goes and pull out my phone. I click on Slightly and type a message to him. In five minutes come looking for me, I'm in the den, try to get Nibs to come as well. P
I press send and wait for a reply, a couple of minutes later my phone pings with is reply. We're on our way, Cubby as well. I smile down at my phone. Off we go.

5 Minutes later Slightly, Nibs and Cubby are standing in front of me. "Ready?" Slightly asks me.

"Yep." I whisper, "Let's go."

We walk down the school hallways, trying to look very un-suspicious. A teacher fumbling with her phone comes by, I swipe a key card from her belt, smiling in glee. We turn the corner into the abandoned hallway , and swipe the key against the reader. Welcome to the unused third teachers room. Fitted with couches and tables, a old but still working fridge and a great view. Cubby flops on one of the long couches and Nibs starts making himself a cup of tea. Slightly and I balance ourselves on the kitchenette work surface. Slightly jumps off and heads to the fridge, "Milkshake?" I nod, Slightly lobs one to me and I crack open the top and take a long gulp. I let out a long sigh.

"Have you told little Wendy-Bird how you feel yet? I could shoot her down and tell her for you?"

"No I haven't, not yet, I did almost though." Cubby snores loudly, "You don't need to do it for me." I tell him.

"What are you, chicken?"  He taunts, "If you can't get her, I'll have her."

"Back off, Slightly." I can feel an anger rising up inside me.

Slightly pushes me, and I punch him in the face. Soon we're having a full-blown fight. Throwing punches everywhere, kicking him, stomach, head, everywhere. Nibs dives in, "Stop!" He shouts, so loud I think Mr. Rimhorn might've heard it. My head feels bruised and Slightly has a broken nose by the looks of it. He sits us on different chairs, "Got it out of your system?" We nod, "I knew there was gonna be a fight between one of us soon, haven't had one in a while now, have we?"

We sit in silence for most of the time, until the school bell rings. "Let's round it out, boys." I say, shuffling Nibs and Slightly out of the door. Oh, yes, Cubby. I hit him in the head and he grunts, getting up and out of the door. Time to dispose of evidence. I dump the key card in a crevice behind a bin outside of Rimhorn's classroom.

Like I'd let Slightly go anywhere near Wendy like that. He's too much of an ass.