•22

Before

Of the precise shots Owen and I took, more than half of our shots were missed, due to the spastic moving of the dinosaur trying to fight off the aggressive raptors.

Following a raptor being killed-- by being thrown into a grill that exploded upon contact-- I decided to consult Claire and the kids on moving their hiding location.

I tried to run across the street, though I had to stop halfway to duck behind a cart to hide from the Indominus, who caught sight of my movement.

A raptor started to make noise, challenging the Indominus, which successfully took the attention from me.

I sprinted across the rest of the street and dove through the window into the shack.

While it did conceal my movement, I couldn't complete the tuck I envisioned, and ended with a hard fall on my back.

"Ooh," the boys winced for me.

"It looked cool until you landed," Zach complimented with a wince.

"What do we do?" Gray asked.

"Stay silent. We wait for Owen, then move," I said. I noticed a lack of whining. "Where's your Aunt?"

A body collided with mine. Owen had dove through the window as well, though he didn't cover his movement as I had.

"We should get moving--"

I held a finger over Owen's lips, my eyes staring the ceiling. "The snarling stopped," I whispered.

Following my observation, through the window came the snout of the Indominus, snapping her teeth wildly to grab us.

Owen and I crawled to the kids, pushing them to the furthest point in the shack.

The snout continued to shimmy into the window. Nipping its canines, a single tooth hooked to Gray's fanny pack.

Screaming, Gray slipped across the floor as the Indominus tried to withdraw its head.

I latched to Gray, pulling him on my lap and squeezing my arms around his chest to hold him in place.

When I started to slip across the floor, Zach and Owen grabbed me.

"Who wears a fanny pack?!" I screeched.

I hadn't stopped screaming, in complete fear of watching a child get eaten, or have to feel teeth pierce my body.

Saving our asses, Zach undid the clip on Gray's pack, ending our fight for the kid.

Instead of trying again, the Indominus stopped, due to a shaking of the ground that wasn't coming from the animal.

Slowly, the snout withdrew from the building, allowing us the view once more.

Claire was sprinting towards the snack, a lit flare in her raised hand.

Following the flare, the T-Rex was recruited for the fight.

"Well, your Aunt isn't so dumb after all," I muttered.

"What?" Gray asked loudly.

I slapped my hand over his mouth. "Do not shout."

"You screamed right in my ear, I think I'm deaf," Gray said, "Did that come out right? I can't hear myself talk."

"I was scared-- leave me alone," I said, pushing his body from my lap.

"Get out!" Claire shouted in a panic, waving her hands wildly, "Go!"

Owen shoved Zach through their closest exit point; the door.

Closer to the window, I grabbed Gray and shoved him through it. In a panic, I dove out the window, both of us taking hard falls to the pavement.

A frightened roar came from the T-Rex as she tripped over her feet, and fell on her side, crushing the shack to nothing but a pile of wood.

Once the dust had cleared, I found the snout of the T-Rex inches from my foot.

Screeching again, I grabbed Gray from the ground and shoved him forward, trying to get as far away from the fight.

"That fall really hurt!" he said.

"We almost got crushed by a T-Rex, and that's what you're bitching about? Priorities, kid!"