Chapter 6: Gym Class

The class went by fast and soon the bell was ringing.

Just as I was putting all my stuff away Brooklyn came up to me. "Ready for gym?" he asked

"As ready as I'll every be" I took a breath in

"If you need anything I'll just text me" he hugged me and we went our separate ways.

I went to my locker to put my stuff away and grab my binders before getting my gym bag before heading to the gym. When I got to the gym I went to find my teacher Mrs. Chambers.

"Hello are you Mrs. Chambers?" I asked walking up to a lady dressed in gym clothes

"Yes that is me" she turned to face me

"Hi I'm Charlotte Greene, I'm new" I told her

"Yes Charlotte I was told about you. Okay you can go get changed and meet me back here for class" she said showing me where the change room was.

I walked through the door and when I did everybody became quite. I just walked to a corner that didn't seem to have people there but wasn't completely alone.

"She's the one that has been with Brooklyn yesterday and today" I heard some girl say. Through the corner of my eye I could see her looking at me.

I decided not to say anything and just continue to get changed. I folded my clothes and put it by my bag. I grabbed my phone and shoes before heading out into the gym.

I went to the teacher and she explained everything the class has done so far, what we're doing now, and what we have left to do.

As she was explaining it groups of girls came out of the change room and it was the typical group you see in all the movies. First it was the 'nerds', then the girls that were average(smart,but still pretty), then it was the girls that were popular but didn't think they were, and lastly it was the 'populars'.

Once everybody was out of the change room we all went outside to run laps. All the girls were running in their little groups but I didn't know who to run with so I just put in my earphones and ran on my own. As I was running I didn't notice that the boys class came out until I noticed someone running beside me.

"Umm hi?" I said turning my head to the person "Oh Brooklyn hi!" I exclaimed once I saw who is was

"Hey Charlie" he laughed "I was waiting for you to notice me" he smiled

"Ha I was kinda freaked out when I noticed you at first" I smiled back

"Yeah I noticed" he let out a small laugh

We talked and ran for the rest of the time together and I know that he could probably run a lot faster but it was nice that he ran with me. About 5 minutes later my teacher blew the whistle meaning the time was up.

"Wait for me after class by the change rooms" Brooklyn said before I stopped

"Okay" I told him as he kept walking.

"Hey Charlotte," Ava said coming up to me  "So you know Brooklyn huh?" I'm guessing she's one of the popular girls because she had the perfect hair and makeup and outfit. 

"Uh yeah I met him yesterday" I told her

"Yeah you two seem to be getting a little close" she said emphasizing the word close

"I guess you could say that..." I shrugged

"Yeah well just so you know.." she began "you better stay away from him. A guy like Brooklyn would never go for a girl like you so if I were you I'd just walk away now and let him have someone that's on his level" she flicked her hair and walked away.

When she first came up to me she sounded nice but as she kept talking sarcasm and this sense of 'I'm better than you' vibe came off her.

I spent the rest of the class just thinking about what she said. I mean why did she think was going on between Brooklyn and I? Brooklyn and I just met, what does she think is going to happen?

The rest of the period went by quickly and soon I was changed and waiting for Brooklyn after class. I didn't have to wait long for Brooklyn to come out.