Chapter 21

please favorite, rate, and comment!! i hope you like!

thats a photo is of jason!!!!

========================================================================

ASHTON

White as snow ... Red as blood ... Black as ebony. That’s how you can describe someone as Melinda. She sat in the corner of our dark cell. Her head was down and her hands were in her lap. We haven’t spoken a word to each other after everyone was separated. What will we say to each other? What could she say? What could i? Our bond we made just days ago keep us together and yet I never wanted to be as far away from someone in my life. How old is she really? Could she crush me in her small hand if she wanted to? Maybe she could. I’m just a turned vampire. She’s also Quinn’s sister after all. The daughter of victor. Now why does that sound as though you can’t trust a woman with a name such as that falling after her.

“When were you going to tell me?”

She inhaled quickly as if she was shocked that I spoke. But she did not move. Did not speak.

“Malinda.” Her name tasted poison to my lips

She reacted then

“I purposely wiped my memory.” She spoke softly but I could still hear her. “I couldn’t stay in this place. I was my mother secrete. After she died what was I supposed to do? I was only a baby. I could possibly be the reason for my mother’s death. You heard victor. I stayed with this woman who I still consider my mother Ashton, after all she did raise me”

“that still doesn’t make her your mother just because she raised you.”

She smiled but it was faint and barely noticeable.

“Only for her to remind me everyday that I wasn’t hers. That I was the queens mistake. This women A house maid for the king. And one of his whores.”

“you left because of some bad childhood? We all have our problems. You could have stayed for your brother. Or at least have told him before you left. Clearly you were old enough to have a child. You were old enough to make a choice to tell your brother what happened. He would have understand or protected you.”

She flinch as I spoke the last words with anger.

“Quinn was still questionably with victor. I couldn’t take that risk for my baby and i. you see that’s why I left Ashton. For my child.”

She looked up at me with faint tears in her eyes. I scraped my teeth together.

“I realized long ago why my mother did what she did. My hatred for her was gone once I had to leave my child on that night. The same way she left me. But I knew I couldn’t die as she did. I had to come back to him in some way.”

“You could have had another choice. There is always another choice.” I spoke sternly.

“Not for me.” She says in a whisper, her eyes faint.

“And what the hell is that supposed to mean?”

She was silent again watching me.

“Well if we are going to stay here together maybe even for eternity you mines a well speak to me and reveal those secretes of yours.”

She bald her fist up. Her cheeks turned red.

“Have you… had you given up on everything so easily? Our freedom? This fight? Have you given up? Where is you hope Ashton! Where is this hope you use to speak of?”

Her voice was soft and raspy, it was broken. Her eyes were bright and big. Her now jet black her flared out over her face.

She never looked so beautiful.