The Quiet Tsunami

1:45am

" Talk don't change a thing (OOOOOOOOOOO)

Oh Its fading fader." Guitar solo.

My phone rang repeatingly.Ugh who calls at this time of day?I pulled  my covers over my head and ignored it.Surely it isnt important.Around the fourth ring ,mom burst through the door. "By god capriate ,turn it off." She screeched in a dry voice."Geez!" I picked it up and answered." Thank you!" She slammed the door."Yes?" No answer. I was about to hang up when I heard a faint whisper." Daniel." It got silent and then you could hear heavy breathing."Oh Daniel!" Mirian?! Click. That night I wept. 

(Honestly I lost track of the days)

Monday

 I sat in French with anxiety to get this day over with."Capriate, would you be so kind as to read this sentence back to me." Mrs. Amaya commanded. " Uh....Sors ta tete des nuages et de rejoindre ma lecon." ' A little rusty with pronounciation." " What does it mean." I ask curiously." Get your head of the clouds and join my lesson."She smiles. "Oh." Turning a slight shade of red.Mrs. Amaya went on with lesson. The last 10 minutes of class everyone was socializing.I usually didnt talk to anyone in here but Jenna in here. "Hey girl." She said in her thick accent, I admired. Jenna is french, but you wouldn't it unless she spoke. Otherwise you would think she just another black girl. "Hey. Why are you so happy?" " You really should start checking the school website more often. We're having a talent show next friday and whoever wins will be the closing performance at the Students Choice Award." " Are you going to audition?" "Now boo boo  I wouldnt be talking about this if I wasn't."I smile." OKay well what are you going to do?" "I dont know just yet but it will be awesome." "Yeah because everything you do is awesome. But seriously I'm going to audition for it." The bell rang."We'll talk about this later. Text me okay." She said packing her things."Yeah." 

Oh now I do have something to look forward to.I Picked up my things and headed for the exit.What am I going to do?Maybe I could Daniel's opinion. Thinking about Daniel suddenly had me thinking about the phone call. That has to be a misunderstanding maybe it was a prank call. Anyway I miss him. Okay first thing tomorrow I will call him up.The moment I reached the parking lot I saw Daniels car.Huh?Why hasn't he left yet? He only stays after school for practice,but coach said there wouldnt be any this week. I hestitant I made my way over to his car maybe he inside.Possibly we can talk now instead of over the phone.I picked up my speed no longer reluctant. I was almost there when I heard the cars engine rev up and Daniel pulled off.Wait who is that?Someone was in the passenger seat,but I couldnt make out who.

Tuesday

"AAAAAAAAAAAAYe, WHAT YOU DO THAT FOR?!" I yell in complete shock. " HEY!, Don't use that tone of voice with me young lady. Besides it isn't my fault you sleep like a rock, now get up and get ready for school."She walks out of the room."YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DRENCH ME IN WATER AND I WASN"T USING A TONE!" I layed down until I heard her car pull out. I grabbed my phone off the dresser before getting into the shower."Hello." "Suany?" "Daniel I uh-" "Listen Suany can we talk later." "Okay." I reply with a hint of dissapointment.I hung up the phone and continued to get dressed.

We were in the cafeteria for B lunch."Jenna,Suany over here."Marisol  called gesturing to a table along the windows.Marisol's on the soccer team and a friend of Daniels." Hey have you seen Daniel?" " Um  no he isnt coming today."So maybe he wasn't planning on talking to me."His mother passed away the night before so I dont think he will be coming for a while." Oh no he must feel terrible.I pushed my fries away."Are you gonna eat that?" Marisol asked already indulging the fries."Enjoy." I got up. "  I'm not feeling to good I'm going home." "You okay?" Marisol asked worried."Yea just a tummy ache." Jenna emptied her tray."I'll drive you." I asked Jenna to drop me off a Daniel's and told her I 'll just walked the rest.She was reluctant but left.

I rang the doorbell. Daniel opened the door. He looked horrible. The whites of his eyes were red and his hair was messy.We just stood in the silence. Looking at him I couldnt bare it any longer and embraced him.I could feel his tears hitting my shirt.I whispered." I'm so sorry."