Shards Stuck In My Heart

When the school bell rang, dismissing us from school, I quickly ran back home to take a shower and get changed, I knew Natasha had gym for around a hour, then she'd go home, get changed and head to her dad's cafe: Status Explorer- Let Your Taste Buds Explore

I got home and rushed upstairs, not even saying hello to my mother who was sat at the kitchen table typing up her most recent column- she's a journalist. I turned a sharp left and ran into my room. I walked into my bathroom and began to undress before getting in the shower. It was only a quick shower, I wanted to catch up with Natasha before she left for Status Explorer. After around 15 minutes I hopped out of the shower and went to my wardrobe. I pulled out a black button up shirt and some skinny grey jeans. I quickly got changed and slipped on my new trainers before walking over to the mirror and messing my dark hair up, Natasha liked that.

I rushed down stairs, shouted to my mum that I'd be out late and grabbed packet of mints before popping one into my mouth and shoving the packet into my pocket. I checked myself, I had my phone, wallet, mints and keys. Yep, I had everything I needed.

------------------------------

I got to Natasha's house and rang the doorbell. No answer. I waited five minutes, and then repeated the process. No answer. She must already be at the cafe, I thought looking at my watch. So I set off for the cafe, a little annoyed that the only time I would have to spend with her now was at her work.

As soon as I got to the cafe I went to wait by the till until Natasha's dad came to serve me.

"Hi sir." I said.

"Mmm, hello Cameron. What brings you here?" he didn't seem happy.

"I'm looking for Natasha, she said she'd be here. Have you seen her?"

"Why do want her?"

"Sorry?" I was a little taken aback.

"When you broke up I thought she made it pretty clear that she didn't want to see you again."

I looked at him, was he joking, "We didn't break up sir."

"Yes, yes you did, You must be in denial. Natasha is going out with that boy, what's he called, Michael I think."

"Sorry sir, but Michael and Natasha aren't seeing each other."

"I'm not going to argue with you son." He turned around and walked off.

Was it true, were Michael and my Natasha really seeing each other? I hadn't be seeing Natasha a lot lately but I thought that that was just because she had been working. How stupid was I? I felt like my heart was being ripped into two, I never wanted this, I never wanted to lose the girl of my dreams. I felt like a thousand shards of glass were being stuck into my heart. This couldn't be happening...