Chapter 1

Percy POV

"So Annabeth, could you tell me a little more about that place you got an internship at? I want to know where I'll be able to find you if anything happens." Annabeth giggled at this,

"Sure Seaweed Brain, it's a place called Stark Industries. The building is in the middle of Manhattan." She stated.

"Thanks Wise Girl" I said.

We had been sitting on top of Half-Blood Hill for about a half an hour now, waiting for my mom to get here to bring us to the apartment.

"So have you found a job yet?" Annabeth asked with a smirk on her face. "As a matter of fact, I have!" I stated.

"Where?" She asked. I blushed, "The aquarium..." I murmured.

"What was that?" She asked playfully.

"The aquarium!" I said, slightly louder than before.

Before she could laugh at me we heard a car honk and my mom call us over.

"Come on Seaweed Brain, time to go."

Then she began to walk towards the car with her bags. I got up and wiped the dirt off of my pants. I turned around to look at camp one last time before following Annabeth down the hill. Once we had everything in the car, we set off towards NYC.

~ONE HOUR LATER~

"Paul, we're home!" my mom shouted as soon as we entered the apartment.

"Hi honey! Hello Percy and Annabeth!" He greeted each with a hug. " Why don't you two go unpack? Lunch will be ready in about 15 minutes."

"Ok, thanks Paul!" I said. I turned to Annabeth and grabbed her bags. Once I had dropped them off at her room, I grabbed mine and started unpacking everything I had. It wasn't much but it was all I had left from the Giant war everything else had been destroyed or lost.

Once I was done with that I walked over to the kitchen, only to be greeted by the smell of cookies and pasta.

Instantly I started stuffing my face then Annabeth walked into the room "Really Seaweed Brain? Save some for the rest of us!" She says. I laugh. "Sorry but it's been a while since I had any blue cookies! Almost a year in fact!" I state.

"Whatever!" She says with a smile.

"Hey how about after lunch we go for a walk to your new work building. What is it called again? Shark Towers?" I ask.

Annabeth bursts out laughing "First of all, Percy, it is called 'Stark towers' not 'Shark Towers' and second of all, that sounds like a great idea!"

So after lunch we gathered our stuff and made our way towards Stark Towers.

On our way there we ran into some people that were having an argument with each other one of them appeared to be getting bullied by the other and was pushed to the ground. He had light brown hair and had on a button up shirt with khakis. He didn't seem scared, just annoyed, however I didn't like the fact that he was being picked on by the dude with blonde hair wearing a football jacket.

"Hey man, what do you think you're doing? Leave him alone!" I say to blondie. "Oh yeah?" He asks. "What if I don't want to punk?" He spits me.

"Then I'll make you." I say simply.

"Yeah right." He replies. Suddenly he throws a punch at me. I easily dodge it and punch his nose. Then his buddies attack me from behind. I do the same thing with them.

When I'm done they run away thinking that I'm crazy. Then, I help the kid up, he wipes the imaginary dirt off his pants and puts his hand out for me to take, I took it. "Thanks for the help there um...?" "Percy, Percy Jackson. This is Annabeth." I gesture toward her. "Percy, thank you. My names Peter, Peter Parker." He says. "Don't worry Peter, it was nothing." I tell him.

"Well, thank you anyways. *pauses* So where are you two heading this fine day?" He asks. "Stark Towers" I tell him. "Cool, what do you have going on over there?" he asks. "I have an internship there" replies Annabeth. "Cool" says Peter. "well I better get going my aunt is expecting me to be at home at 5 o'clock for dinner. I hope to see you again sometime! Bye!" He says before rushing off. "Bye!" Annabeth and I shout after him.

"Well I guess we had better get a move on if we want to make it to Stark Towers and then back home before nightfall!" I tell Annabeth. "You're right, let's go" she says. And with that we continue our walk to Stark Towers.

Once we arrive we go up to the front desk and Annabeth says to the lady "Excuse me Miss but I have an appointment with Mr. Stark. I'm the new intern" "Of course" she replies "I'll let Mr.Stark know that you are here immediately. Meanwhile you can sit on the couch over there" she says pointing to her right. "Thank you" Annabeth says, then we walk over and sit down.

After about 10 minutes that felt like an hour. A man with black hair and sunglasses on approached us. "Hello there" he says. "You must be my new intern! Annabell right?" "Annabeth" she corrected "Right then, Annabeth, please follow me" he says.

Annabeth and I follow him to a large interview room. I tell her to go ahead and that I'll wait outside. After about 10 minutes, I fall asleep on the couch, when I wake up I see an annoyed Annabeth looming over me.

"Really? I was gone for not even an hour and you fell asleep? Come on." she huffs. I follow her to the ground level.

Once we are outside I asked her how the meeting thingy went.

"It went well. I found out more information on what I'll will be doing." she states "And what would that be?" I ask "I am going to be his personal assistant and will be helping him with architecture and mechanics." She says happily. "That's awesome!" I say. "So when do you start?" I ask "Tomorrow" she replies cheerfully. "Wow, that was fast" "Yeah it was but I can't wait!!" She exclaims.

       ~~~30 minutes later~~~

I open the apartment door to the smell of blue chocolate chip cookies. My mom is in the middle of making dinner.

Once dinners done being made we sit down and eat and after about 15 minutes we're all done with our steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

Afterwards, we all go to bed after saying good night to Annabeth I go to my room and I think about all that's happening today not wanting the nightmares to return, but after about six hours, sleep consumes me.

AUTHORS NOTE: Once again I would like to tell you that if you think I should change the story or if I have made any mistakes please let me know and I will try to fix them immediately. Thanks!
~Ryan