Chapter 52: Sacrifices

----

Leo's POV

"Kiara!" I screamed, as I shoved a limp body out of my way. I was glad Tobias and his men came when they did, otherwise Cedric, Cecil and I would've been screwed. I looked around the fighting for any sign of Kiara or Thorn, but neither one was noticeable.

Just great.

"Leo!" I turned in the direction of the voice to find Cecil coming towards me. On his he took a few others down. "I saw Kiara and Thorn leave in a hurry, that way." He pointed off to a narrow hallway I would've turned a blind eye to.

"Thanks." I said softly as I studied his features. A small part of me kept poking at me, telling me I shouldn't trust him, but he was my only hope.

I searched the crowd for Cedric, and when I found him, I only saw reflection of me. He was frantic. Fear and guilt had corrupted his face, and I knew exactly why.

"Yana!" I heard him yell, but it didn't compare to the roars of the men fighting. The sad part was that I knew exactly what he was going through, but I would never experience it like he did. Yana had sided with Thorn which meant Tobias's group had no idea -- including the leopards. Yana might've once been a friend, but now, she was nothing more than an enemy.

I followed Cecil through the alley way, leaving Cedric behind. I didn't want to leave him, but I need to find Kiara.

My hearing then kicked in as I heard her voice. It almost sounded unrecognizable to me. Her voice was weak and unconfident, something I never thought I would hear coming from her.

"Pl-please ... Don't." I heard her mumble. I looked at Cecil, who just looked at me with fear and worry.

I didn't have to think twice before I started running, faster than ever, until I saw the prick standing in front of her with a syringe in the air.

----

Kiara's POV

I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of the syringe to come crashing down on me, but nothing happened. And that's when I heard him. I opened my eyes to find out that Leo punched Thorn right across the face. You could tell it hurt because there was a cut with blood trickling out of it on his cheek.

"Leo," I managed to whisper.

"You just never seem to die, do you?" Thorn scoffed, as he wiped his his cheek without breaking eye contact with Leo.

"Nah, cause the only one who's gonna stay dead is you." Leo muttered as they both lunged at each other again. I watched helplessly as I tried to free myself from Thorn's holds, but nothing was working -- I was too weak.

"C'mon ... not now." I said to my lioness, but there was no sign of her. A little panicked traveled through me at the thought of loosing her. I was also having trouble finding her strength or any other abilities she offered. So much for plan B. I was still struggling against the ropes, when a hand clasped over my mouth preventing me from screaming. It wasn't until I heard who's voice it was that I started to relax.

"Shhh ... shhhh." Cecil shushed me. "Everything's alright, I'm getting you out of here." He ordered as he started to picked at the knots around my wrists. All I could do was grunt a thank you. He placed one of my numb arms around his neck as he used his shoulder to help support me, but I could barely even walk. As he picked me up, I was soon dropped out of his arms as he cried out in pain. I leaned my body up against a wall and it practically drained me.

"You don't know how long I wanted to do that. " Yana hissed as she had her hand out stretched. She was using magic to hurt Cecil. I remember her telling me how her mother had been a witch and that she had learned a few tricks, but I would never have guessed this many tricks.