Ziam - When Daddy's Away... (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hey, yourself." Zayn did a swift once-over, like he did every time he saw Liam, making Liam blush even after all these months. "You look great."

"Zayn," Liam deadpanned. "I'm in joggers and a vest. I'm pretty sure I wore these to bed two nights ago."

Zayn just smiled fondly and kissed his cheek. "Still look good."

Liam shrugged his pack higher on his shoulder and put his arms around Zayn's neck for a hug. "I had a dream about you," he whispered in his ear.

"Oh yeah?" Zayn raised a brow. "Were we superheroes again?"

"Not quite." Liam nibbled on his earlobe gently. "But I did feel like flying."

Zayn gasped quietly against his cheek. "You have to tell me all about this dream later."

Liam pulled back with a smirk. "In detail."

Zayn took a long breath and shook his head. "Anyway," he steered the conversation over to a safer place, "I took an early lunch to see you since you were so worried about tonight."

Liam hummed, flattered. "Thanks, man. I don't mean to be so..."

"Adorable?"

Liam rolled his eyes. "Scattered."

"Mr. Malik?"

Zayn's eyes went over Liam's shoulder to where Geoff was standing at the door to his lecture hall with his bag on his shoulder. "Hi, Mr. Payne." He smiled graciously.

"What are you doing here?

"I...came to visit my favorite professor and I found his son instead." Liam smiled small, just for them, before turning back to his dad.

"Remember, Zayn gave me a tour of this place before I started here?"

Geoff nodded in recollection. "Right, of course. How are you, Zayn?"

"I'm alright. I have a new job."

Geoff patted Zayn on the shoulder. "That's great. I knew you'd be one of the successful ones."

"Thank you, sir. It was, in great part, due to your teaching. You made me love business."

"Was it my endless papers on the decline of the pound?"

"I think it was your PowerPoint about the Great Depression that did it."

Geoff laughed heartily while Liam tried not to roll his eyes again. Zayn was always the charmer. Not that Liam wasn't a willing victim of it himself.

"Dad, Zayn and I were going to grab some food since I'll be busy after classes. That okay?"

"You don't have to ask me to eat with your friends, Liam. You're an adult now."

"Such a grown up man," Zayn said quietly to Liam as Geoff dug into his bag for his keys, making Liam bite his lip to keep from smiling.

"Okay, then. I'll see you tonight. Dinner at home with Mum, right?"

"Yes, I didn't forget," he assured. Geoff gave Liam a brisk hug and Zayn a handshake before heading off.

Zayn turned to Liam and held his hands out. "I have got this in the bag, baby," he bragged. "Your dad loves me."

"I'll admit you kiss ass quite well," Liam teased.

Zayn punched at him jovially before pulling him in by his shirt. "You know I do."

Liam went red in the face, lips all of sudden dry. "Lunch," Liam mumbled. "We should- lunch."

"Hungry suddenly? I have something you could eat."