Chapter 1

It was your first day at your new school, You were standing outside the gates looking up at the main building, wondering what it must look like on the inside. You were wearing your (F/C) (Favourite anime) hoodie with (F/C) beanie and black jeggings and converse. You pulled out your phone and saw that you had a text from sapphire an old friend.

~Flashback~

It was your last day at your old school, also it was your birthday. You were sat underneath a single oak tree on the sports field, you were trying not to cry, but a single tear slid down your cheek. after five minuets you saw sapphire walking towards you with something behind her back. When she sat down next to you she gave you a hug an handed a smallish parcel and a biggish envelope. You quickly opened the parcel to find a (F/C) (F/A) hoodie folded up neatly, you then opened the envelope. Inside was a folded A3 piece of paper, you slowly unfolded it, written all over it were personal messages from everyone in your form. After seeing that you couldn't hold back the tears and nor could Sapphire. "Thank you so mush Saf, I'm gonna miss you so much", "I'll miss you, too much... I'm gonna end up being depressed all the time now... who am I going to stay up for a week straight while watching anime with? who am I gonna play car chicken with? who am I gonna..." you stopped her talking by handing her a small white box. she slowly took it out your hands and opened it. You had bought her a small sapphire heart necklace with a single (Favourite gem) spot in the middle. She started crying again and so did you, it was the hardest goodbye you had ever had to say...

~End of Flashback~

You looked down at your hoodie, you let a small smile creep across your face. She was the only one who knew your secret and was still your closest friend. You started making your way to the main building, you were earlier than you would have liked to have been but you wanted a look around. As you walked down a small hallway there were small brass signs next to doors, you read a small handful and then made your way to your first class.

You looked through the door window of your first classroom of the day, only one person was in there, he was reading a book. You entered the class room and looked around, you decided to sit in the far back corner of the class room, you put your ear phones in and started listening to (F/S/B).

The room started to fill with people which started to worry you, you never really like being around a large amount of people, you where barely able to stand you form of 12 in your old school, and there were at least 30 people all ready in the class room. You suddenly felt a small tap on the shoulder, you turned around to see a dark haired boy standing next to you. It was the boy who was reading earlier. "Good morning, you must be the new girl, my name is Ken, Ken Kaneki" he held out his hand, "(Y/N),(Y/N)(L/N) nice to meet you" You shook his hand. You soon started talking about the reason you moved here is because the ward you were in was beginning to be taken over by ghouls and how you had a near death experience with one. All the time you were talking her never interrupted her just looked in amazement. "But I wouldn't have got hurt by it because I'm-" you stopped yourself immediately realizing where you were going "I'm...I'm AMAZING that why..." you mentally shout at your self for what you just said. "Some how I don't think that will help you" Keneki says while staring out the window.

For the rest of they day you two would talk for ages until it was time to leave, as you walked home you came across a small café called Anteiku, it looked like a nice, welcoming place so you decided to stop there for a bit. Where you saw Keneki again with an overly exited boy opposite him. You then stopped, did you want to go in?