Asa Butterfield (fluff) {Requested}

concrete_shadows

Soulmate AU

~~~~~~

You unconsciously ran your finger across the initials on your hip and when you noticed it, you immediately pulled your hand away from the skin, adjusting your bathing suit to hide it. You knew it was in vain. You didn't think you'd find your soulmate, especially since your friends kept setting you up on blind dates. Today you'd had enough and told them that if they tried to set you up with the next guy who had the initials AB, you would drown them. Even though you hated going places with them, a destination wedding was hard to pass up especially when it was in the Bahamas.

"Come on," Kayla complained, "All you do is avoid the guys and swim around. Have some fun." She had been your best friend since middle school and you didn't think that you'd ever stop being friends with her. The second she met Josh, she knew he was the one. They met around the same time you and her had, and the three of you had been joined at the hip ever since. Now you were dateless, watching your two best friends get married.

"I'm going to grab a drink, want one?" Kayla waved her hand and Josh asked for a beer. You climbed over a small sand dune to a tiki bar and leaned over the counter. There was some people with fancy cameras sitting in the shade of the bar, but were quickly shooed away by the bartender.

"What can I get you, miss?" he asked. You ordered for yourself and Josh, showing them your all inclusive bracelet. Along with Kayla and Josh, they had forced you and Josh's best friend, Riley, to stay the rest of the time with them. Riley had yet to find MR, but had no trouble at all flirting with the other single girls at the wedding. 

"What're all these camera men doing here?" you asked as the bartender poured drinks.

"Some famous actor. He's staying at the hotel, apparently he's quite the looker, but hasn't gone out with anyone because of his initials. Everyone wants the first picture of him and his girl." 

"Tell me about it," you sighed. The bartender laughed.

"Hey, you never know. I've seen hundreds of soulmates meet right here at this beach. You may be one of the lucky many." He slid you the drinks and you tipped your head in thanks, heading back to where Riley was flirting with more girls than he could even remember the names of. 

"(Y/N)," he greeted. You knew he wanted a way out of talking to all the girls. On countless occasions you had pretended to be his girlfriend, sister, and even wife. 

"Not today, Ri," you replied, winking at him. Three of the girls got angry straight away, the other two making rude comments about your bathing suit to each other. When you got back to the umbrella, you touched the cold beer to Josh's back. He jumped away from Kayla and you put the beer down. 

"I'm going for a walk so you can make out," you said, picking up your hat and headphones. For the rest of the day on the beach you walked, listening to music and sitting sometimes to read. You saw the famous guy that the bartender had been talking about. You also found out he was British. After a while Riley came running towards you, grinning ear to ear. You pulled off your headphones and gave him a quizzical look. He pointed down the the beach to a girl in a beach hat and a book in her hand. She looked like someone you would talk to, which made her the exact opposite of Riley's type. 

"That's Kayla's cousin, Maya. Maya Russel." You laughed and hugged him sideways.

"Good for you. I expect to be invited to your wedding. Go have fun," you said, pushing him along, poking his sunburn for fun. He stuck out his tongue out at you and ran back down the beach. 

You ended up getting room service for dinner, watching movies on your laptop. A warm breeze from outside drew you out and you pulled a beach romper over your underclothes, heading out to the dark beach. The moon was full and the reflection off the water was bright enough for you to see far enough in front of you. Someone walked down from the hotel while you walked along the edge of the water and you avoided the person for a little while. They seemed to avoid you as well until you had to look up and smile awkwardly. He was pale, sun freckles spotting his face. After a few awkward passes like this one, and you decided to introduce yourself.

"I'm (Y/N)." His blue eyes seemed to spark in interest when you said your name.

"Asa, Asa Butterfield." You blinked a few times, trying not to hope too much, and then said your last name. He grinned brightly.

"Uh, not to be forward, but-"

"You have the same initials as my soulmate," you both said. He blushed sheepishly, and you knew you did too. 

"Would you like to go get some desert?" You shrugged and the two of you walked, making small talk about random things, but you quickly realized he was the guy that the bartender had been talking about. 

"This is going to sound awkward, but are you famous?" 

"Yeah, I was actually walking on the beach because it seems to be the only place that I can get peace and quiet." As you got closer to the buffet area, you could see the camera men looking for Asa and you pushed him back into the shadows, promising you'd be back in a second. You grabbed two plates with cake and forks before running back to the cover of darkness. Asa was laughing as the two of you walked back to the beach and laid out on the sand. 

The two of you talked till both of you were yawning and you decided it was time to turn in and go to bed. For a while you thought you were going to have to say goodbye to Asa at the building, but he walked with you until the door next to yours.

"I guess it was really meant to be," you joked. He nodded, smiling letting go of your hand. You hadn't even noticed that your fingers were intertwined. You said a quick goodnight and shut your door, sinking against the wall next to it. After a few seconds there was a knock and you opened it, wondering if Kayla had noticed you were back, but Asa was standing there.

"Did yo-" He leaned in and kissed you softly.

"Goodnight."

~~~~~~

Sorry this is so late. i was planning to write on thursday but i had to be in CT for a softball tournament..... hope you liked, sorry if its kinda bad. keep sending in your requstest MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN MY INBOX. yu guys are still the best and 220K reads is amazing. you're the best <3

Peace, Love, Spock

--

Shivi