"You're Gonna Change the World Kid..."

Start from the beginning

"NO PDA!" Gabby yelled as we walked in.

"Shut up. Wait till you get a girlfriend. I'm gonna be on ya'll like white on rice." I said in my best ghetto voice, causing everyone to laugh.

"Wait- wait what?!" The Cap. asked, obviously confused at my comment.

We were all quiet, unsure of how to tell him the news. We all looked at each other, then bursted out laughing. And when we all calmed down Gabby stood nice and tall and announced,

"I... Like girls. I... am gay. I... am Gabriela The Third... and I approve of this message."

"Wait- wait what?!" The Cap. said, clearly in shock.

Cue all of us laughing until it hurt.

When we all stopped, I announced how my progress on the song writing was going.

"You've already got six..?" Tal asked kind of worriedly.

"What? We need to get these done so that we can start looking for a record label ASAP..."

"Sar Bear... it usually takes us a whole day to write just one... You don't have to drain yourself out just to get these done today..." Ray added, not hiding her worry.

"I'm fine it's okay I don't mind staying up a little late sometimes. It's for the music, I'd do anything for the music..."

"I'm helping her finish these last three that we need so that it's not as much stress on her..." Alex said, trying to calm everyone down.

"Then I'll help too." Gabby said.

"Same." Ray and Tal agreed in unison.

"And in order to give you guys enough energy to finish these three songs tonight, I'm taking you to Dunkin'. But no bringing your Coolata's in my car. Last time someone left theirs for me to throw away..." the Cap. said starring at me.

"Sowwy..." I giggled, leaving everyone else in the same giggles I had.

"TO DUNKIN'!" Gabby exclaimed, running out of the room with her bag and her guitar in hand.

We all looked at each other and shrugged,

"TO DUNKIN'!" We exclaimed, following Gabby out of the room.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"OH WOMAN, YEAH WOMAN,
YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU SO.
BUT YOU'RE SO MEAN TO ME BABY
I'M WALKING OUT THE DO-O-OR.."

The gang listens to the biggest variety of music you've ever seen. Country, country Rock, pop, rock, punk rock, classic rock... you name it we probably listen to it. The only two types of music we won't listen to are trap and rap- although bro country isn't that bad either.

Lover, Lover by Jerrod Neiman just so happened to be today's car song.

We walked in and grabbed a seat after we got the coolatas.

"So let's see some of those songs you were talking about kid." The Cap. said.

I pulled out all of them and gave one to each of them. I watched as they read over them. When they were all done, they looked at me with such a weird look. Like suddenly they didn't recognize me.

"What?!" I asked.

"These are so... good. I mean, some of them are really sad, but... I'm sorry I just really didn't know you had that in you." Ray said.

"I wanna hear you perform them." Tal said smiling.

"Same." Gabby, Alex, and Ray said together.

"Okay, well, it's official. Come on let's go to Sar Bear's house. I wanna hear her sing." The Cap. said getting up.

"LES GO!" Gabby said, leading the way out.

I snuck my coolata into the Cap.'s car to finish it. Eh, everyone else did too.

When we got to my house, we went straight to the shed. My parents made that a spot just for the band and I to practice with some privacy. Since then, it's been the geek cave for us.

I walked in and picked up my acoustic. Everyone else sat on the couches and the various chairs scattered around.
I sat on my stool and started playing one of my favorites of the numerous songs I had written. It was called 'I'll Still Smile', and I was very happy with how it came out.

Next thing I knew I was singing the lines leading up to the chorus.

"And it's like I'm trapped in my own head,
It's the guard and I'm the prisoner...
But I'm not in need of help...
I can be my own hero...
I'll be. Okay...

Cause yeah,
I'll still smile,
It'll just take a little while.
And I'll still have those nights I might think too much,
Oh but crying is better than dying.
So I'll still smile,
It'll just take a little while..."

I looked up from my stand to see everyone crying. I think the Cap. was even in tears.

"I don't know if the guitar part is that good in an acoustic form but I figured it'd be played with some drums and a super heavy electric line going through it..." I said quietly.

It was Tal who ran up to me first. She hugged me so tight I could barely breath.

"That... you... thank you, so much Sar Bear..." she cried into my shoulder.

"For what?" I asked.

I didn't see what the big deal was. I wrote a song from the heart so that the demo would be perfect. All my songs are like that honestly.

"What do you mean for what?!" The Cap. exclaimed from next to Alex on the couch. "If you keep writing songs like that... you're gonna change the world kid. You guys are gonna become everyone of you're fan's heroes. People are gonna hear that song and they're going to cry because they're hurting in the dark and that'll be like sunshine peeping out from behind the clouds. So thank you, from all of us. Because we're your first fans and that song just made you our hero..."

"How can I be your hero if I can't even save myself..?" I muttered.

"What?" Ray asked.

"Never mind. Anyways, did you guys like the acoustic version so far or do you wanna try it more rock-ish orrrr..?" I asked.

"It sounded perfect acoustic." Gabby said.

"Agreed." Everyone said in unison.

"Okay, well. Now that we got that out of they way, let's go write some songs." I said pulling out my notebook.

"Yeah, let's get to work." Alex said.

"LES GO!" Gabby called out.

"LES GO!" We all called back.

Nothing like playing it Gabby style...