Oil Moisturizer - Skin

I've been meaning to brag about my new moisturizer, but I first wanted to make sure that it was brag worthy. So, a while ago –it's winter in South Africa and my skin is begging for moisture—I started to mix and match all the oils in my cupboard, hoping to get rid of dryness (mostly on my fingertips). I basically become a snake and start shedding layers upon layers of skin for a month– it's gross, itchy and uncomfortable.

So, I've chucked together grape seed oil, coconut oil and jojoba oil and mixed in some essential oils. I gave a small bottle of it to my friend, and a week later had an order come in from her colleague. This I didn't expect. Selling some concoction that I've created in my laboratory (fine, kitchen)? But it just further convinced me that it works. I'm really excited to share it with you guys!

Why I added those oils:

· Grape seed oil: Contains a lot of vitamin E which is better explained by Jen Uscher from WebMD, "Antioxidants such as beta-carotene and vitamins C, E, and A can curb the damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals. These molecules can harm skin cells and cause signs of aging."

Later in the article she also quotes dermatologist, David E. Bank who states that, "Omega-3 fatty acids help keep the top outer layer of the skin strong and intact so that external toxins and pollutants are kept out." Again, grape seed oil contains Omega-3, and a lot of it.

The information in the article mostly deals with the intake of foods that contain vitamin E, such as nuts and certain vegetables, but there's nothing stopping us from applying and ingesting it! Apart from allergies, so watch out for that!

You can use Vitamin E Oil. I'm not being specific to grape seed oil. I just had some in my cupboard.

Furthermore, vitamin E reduces the appearance of stretch marks, fights aging, and reduces dryness. However, I wouldn't suggest adding this one to people who suffer from acne/oily skin; it could potentially make it worse.

· Jojoba Oil: Is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which means that it can help those suffering from acne. It's also a moisturizer, but much less greasy than for example, olive oil and especially grape seed oil. Same as with coconut and vitamin E, it fights aging.

· You know my thoughts on coconut oil... I refuse to live without it. If you haven't read about all the amazing things that you can do with coconut oil, head over the Coconut Oil – Everything ever chapter, you won't be sorry.

· Lastly the essential oils. I use three drops of lemon essential oil, however, only in my evening moisturizer. You don't want to be caught in the sun with lemon on your skin—ever. There's no specific reason for this, other than the amazing smell. It's like taking a lemon meringue and shoving your face into it! Don't frown... I know you've wanted to dive head first into a cake, you liar!

For a morning moisturizer, I add three drops of Pure Rose Essential Oil. It's also a moisturizer and is said to have anti-anxiety effects!

Ingredients and directions:

1. 3 tablespoon of coconut oil.

2. 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil.

3. 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil.

4. 3 drops of your preferred essential oil.

· Add everything into a container and shake.

· Keep refrigerated. (Unless it's cold enough in your house for the coconut oil to solidify the oils into a nice, non-messy lotion.)

Source link:

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/face/skin-nutrition