1: Maybe Being A Superhero Isn't As Cool As It Seems.

IF I HAVE had an option to be partying with my friends, I would've gone without a thought. Even if I had an option for twenty more detentions instead, I would've taken it. Anything to get out of there. Anything but that.

That.

Of course, you don't know what that is.

That was the day when my life changed. I knew it was going to, one day or another, but I didn't know it would happen so soon.

Being a Superhero seems so much fun, doesn't it? Having powers, using them to save the world, getting celebrity status, and having most of the general public love you. What's not to love, right?

What they don't tell you is how much hard work it is, how you put your life out there every second, risking everything- every single goddamn thing for people you don't even care about. Just because you were chosen. I would've rather been ignored by everyone than have to risk everything for people I don't even know.

Chosen. What a fucking joke, it was more like being punished and sent out to die.

"Ouch," I wheezed, wincing as the self-named Dr. Tornado used his weird gun-like machine to give me an electric shock. I felt as if someone was trying to pierce through my bones and break me apart.

I gritted my teeth and tried to stop Dr. Tornado by lifting a fist and trying to punch him in the stomach. It took me all my energy, when all I wanted to do was scream in pain. However, my hand refused to cooperate. I tried to punch him, my hand kept on flailing and, I failed.

"You shouldn't have messed with me," Dr. Tornado said with a menacing tone, all his energy focused on destroying me, shooting at me once again.
I could feel the electricity racing through all my body, shaking me to my core. It was reverberating through me, immobilising me. I just hoped I could manage to keep Dr. Tornado focused on me. I'm not dying today, I told myself fiercely. I'm not going to die for people who don't even care about me as long as they're saved.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to forget about the shock. Which was kind of tough to do since the electricity was still acting on me, tearing me apart, limb from limb. Concentrating, I used up all my remaining energy in trying to make one last fireball. I was sweating and screaming, channeling all my anger towards a single ball. I blasted it at Dr. Tornado, and he tried to dodge it, but failed to do so.

I gave a tired smile through the pain and said, "You should never play with fire."

The pain was numbing my body; it was a miracle I was still able to fly. I was so tired. I closed my eyes to relax for a second.

"Get this off me or I'll die," Shrieked Dr. Tornado, causing me to open my eyes, just to watch as his hand left  his 'electro-fly' machine in concern for his other arm, which had caught hold of fire. I hovered and looked in horror as the electro-fly machine began to fall towards the ground, as I was too tired to fly and catch it, too afraid that I'd crash to the ground and die if I dived for the machine. Some things just aren't worth your life.

However, a man in a red cape swooped and caught the electro-fly before it could fall any further. I sighed, closing my eyes in relief. Superman was here to save the day - not that he hadn't already. I opened my eyes again to see Superman had tied up Dr. Tornado and was flying towards me.

"You alright, Danger?" He asked me, motioning towards my stomach, where my sidekick uniform had torn to reveal blood. I looked up with a confused expression. Superman rarely cared about a fellow superhero; he was too busy with his life and taking care of the general public.

"Yeah, I guess so," I mumbled through my busted lips. They were hurting like hell. In fact my whole body was hurting like hell.
"Well, that's good. I wasn't so lucky myself- the warehouse was full of various machines, and toxic gases and mutated animals and what not..." Superman started to tell me.