Chapter Two

(phil)

I sat at the Hufflepuff table this morning. I sat so I could look at the Slytherin table. Lily looked confused as I sat next to her instead of across from her, but she just smiled and said, "Morning, Philip."

I looked at her and smiled before grabbing my favorite box of Muggle cereal, Shreddies.

"Bloody hell, Phil. You look like-"

"Yea, I know. Didn't sleep at all last night," I quickly explained.

Lily shrugged. "Well I hope you get sleep tonight. You have to come to the game tomorrow!"

I was confused. "Game? What game?"

Lily's mouth hung open. "Phil! It's the first quidditch game this year! Hufflepuff versus Slytherin! You have to be there to cheer me on, you dope!"

"Oh yea, I'll be there. Promise," I laughed and then yawned. And then I realized, it was Slytherin versus Hufflepuff. Maybe I'd see Dan! Then I remembered that he didn't go to quidditch games.

I sighed before taking another bite of cereal. I looked over at the Slytherin table to see Dan sitting by one other boy with dirty blonde, crazy hair. Dan looked annoyed. I dont know what they were talking about but Dan rolled his eyes and then nodded.

He looked up and made eye contact with me. He looked relieved, like he was glad to have an excuse to leave the boy he was sitting next to. He said something to the boy and then motioned for me to follow him as he left the great hall.

"I'll be right back," I told Lily. I stood and followed Dan. I walked out of the room through the door that Dan had exited through a few seconds earlier.

"Phil, thank God. I was thinking I'd never have a reason to leave Jake."

"Ohh, that was Jake. I thought he was annoying you," I state, laughing.

"Yea, he convinced me to go to the quidditch game tomorrow."

My eyes widened, "That's great! I mean, my friend Lily plays on the Hufflepuff team and she's dragging me there too."

Dan smiled, "Wait, you'll be there too? Great! I wont be alone for once."

"Yea," I reassured. Then I frowned. "But it's an early game, I wont be able to stay up tonight."

"Ah, that's fine. Just as long as you go to the game. I hate suffering through that alone."

I laughed. "Deal."

(dan)

I walked sluggishly to the Quidditch field the next morning. It was far too early to wake up on a free day. I dragged my feet to a seat and sat.

Someone sat next to me. I took a breath, about to complain, when I realized that the person next to me wasn't an annoying Hufflepuff. It was Phil.

"Wow, tired this morning, aren't we?" Phil asked, chuckling.

"I'm not a morning person," I replied, rubbing my eyes.

"Me neither," Phil assured. Soon the game started and I showed Phil which player was Jake.

"He's the beater," I explained.

"Oh, that's a scary position. Lily's the chaser with the quaffle right now," Phil said, pointed at a girl with brown hair.

"Wow, she's pretty," I said. I immediately wished I hadn't. What if Phil was dating her? I hardly knew anything about him, he could be..

"Yea," Phil simply said. Great, another friendship ruined.