Chapter 18

She's a dwelling place for demons
She's a cage for every unclean spirit, every filthy bird
And makes us drink the poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings
Fallen now is Babylon the great
Beast And The Harlot ~ Avenged Sevenfold

That party had set the tone for the whole weekend and when I woke up Saturday my mood was foul.
We ended up leaving the party early. Like Rosie said, Tess had made herself the centre of attention and nobody would have noticed that we'd left anyway.
I grabbed a coffee and stood in the kitchen drinking it, staring out my window, wondering what I could do today when my phone started ringing.
I swear to god, if that was Blake I was going to kill him, I was not working today.
I snatched it up.
"What?"
"Peyton."
Fuck, it was him, why the fuck was he calling me?
"Yes?" I said, pretending that I had no idea who it was.
"It's me, Matt."
"Oh."
"You left last night, I turned around and you were gone." He said.
"Oh yeah, Rosie wasn't feeling great." I lied. It seemed pregnancy was a great excuse for everything.
"Okay.....well, I thought you might have said goodbye." He said softly.
"Oh you know, she was throwing up." I lied.
"Oh, okay." He said. "So anyway Peyton, today is going to be a nice day."
"Hmmm I guess." I said, not really giving a fuck about the weather.
"Come over for lunch." He said suddenly. "We can hang by the pool."
"Sure."
It was out of my mouth before I'd even thought about it. Fuck. I didn't want to hang with him.
"Great, see you soon." And he hung up.
Fuck, I thought standing there, what could I do?
Fuck fuck fuck. I kept saying it under my breath, as I got ready and even as I drove to his house. Fuck. I wanted nothing to do with the ass, but fuck, now here I was punching the code in the gate. Fuck.
"Hi." He called out as I got out of the car, grabbing my bag.
He must have been waiting for me.
"Hi." I said plastering on a big smile.
"Come in." He said and I followed him inside. "Let's go out the back."
Whatever, I thought following him. When we got out there he stopped and turned around.
"Peyton." He said. "About the other night."
"Don't worry about it, I've already forgotten about it."
"What.....no... I mean." He stuttered.
"It's fine." I snapped.
"Peyton."
I looked at him. "Matt."
"I just want to explain..."
I cut him off. "You don't need to."
"Peyton." He said, firmly. "Fuck."
Suddenly he reached out, and fuck me, it was happening again.
He brushed his lips across mine, testing the waters I guess, then slipping his arm's around my waist and kissing me a little firmer.
This wasn't supposed to happen, I didn't want this. But I did, I closed my eye's, leaning into him, it felt so nice.
Oh god, this needed to stop. He didn't want this, he didn't know what he was doing.
But I couldn't stop. This kiss went on and it felt like forever and the only reason we broke apart was because the doorbell rang.
We quickly broke apart, I felt flustered and Matt looked flustered. At least he didn't look disgusted.
"I don't know who that is." He mumbled walking off.
Goddammit, how did this happen?
Suddenly I heard a screech coming from inside and I felt my stomach drop, I recognized it.
"Hiiiii." Tess screeched, walking out. "Piper isn't it?"
I looked at her and once again the likeness to Tiffany shocked and intimidated me.
"Peyton." I mumbled.
"Oh yeah." She giggled, winking at Matt. "Anyway big boy, I came by to see if you wanted to do lunch?"
He glanced at me quickly. "Oh, um, well......"
"That's a great idea." I said grabbing my bag. "I'm sure you two have loads to catch up on."
"Peyton." Matt said.
"Okay, well have a nice day." I called, walking off.
"Oh we will." Tess called back.
"Peyton, wait." Matt said.
But I didn't wait, I just kept on walking.