Chapter Seven

We pulled up outside the apartment just after eleven and I felt shaky. I was confused as I thought he would tell me his reason before taking me home. What was it he was keeping that was so bad or secretive? Did he have a kid? Is he married? The thoughts broke my heart. Either way, I would be a negative addition.

"I thought you were going to take me to tell me-"

"Not here. I want to do it so I can show you. After your shift tomorrow, I'm going to have you come to my apartment in New York. I know you don't work the weekend..."

I nodded slowly as I knew fighting him would just delay the inevitable and cause him to lather me once more. But as I sat upon the passenger seat in his car, I saw two shadows coming up to the apartment building. It was a couple that was incredibly all over each other, making Vincent look away and me strangely intrigued. But as I watched, I saw it was Carly...and it was not my brother with her. I felt as if my heart raised in my throat and it took everything I had not to leap from the car and hit her. That would give Vincent something to think about...Show him a side of me he would never have expected...

"What is it?" He asked as he saw me trembling.

"That's my sister in law..." I said as the words came out depressed and long. "Not with my brother..."

His eyebrow arched as he made his jaw crooked with a thinking face.

"I really don't want to go in."

He pressed some buttons on his phone before moving the car from its sitting position and turning on the lights when we were away from the sick display.

"I won't make you. Only if you promise not to try to see me naked again." He teased. The comment making me blush once more. 

"Where are you taking me?"

"The La Monte. I think we should get drinks-you need one and then I'll take you home in the morning..."

"Thank you. I just don't know if I can face Alex..I mean...he loves her more than life...he has given a lot for her...and for what?"

"I know you don't want to hear this but there's nothing you can do. Even if you tried to tell him, he wouldn't believe you...He would make up fake excuses even if he knew you were right."

"I just don't get it...I mean...they're always together like every night. All night." I said shivering at the thought.

"Sometimes strictly sexual relationships cause one partner to want something more. Something they aren't getting from someone else..."

We arrived at the hotel and immediately went into the bar. Vincent slid the waiter some money as we were then placed on a balcony terrace. A long table sat in the center surrounded by royal looking chairs and beautiful plants as it was enclosed from all other people.

"I hope this makes up for the dinner we were not allowed before..." He said with a smile. "You haven't eaten all day...please get anything you want."

I scanned the menu and ordered the most least expensive thing which was a salad with lite dressing as he ordered a sweet white wine that lingered long after the glass was empty. Before I knew it, I had gone through four glasses and began feeling tipsy. Which made me talkative.

"So what is it with your no-stable thing?"

"That is what I want to explain to you tomorrow."

"Why not here? We're alone..nobody can hear us..."

"I don't have it here.."

"Is it another gift? I don't want anymore-"

"No. It's not. It's a way to hopefully get you to understand me."

"You are making me nervous."

"On most cases, I would find that a good thing. But I don't want you to worry. I promise that I won't do anything without you asking..." He paused before taking a drink from his glass and his eyes met with mine.

"Are you alright? What happened with Mitch?"

"Nothing. I just...." I knew it would be his friend's word against mine and I didn't feel like being in high school again. "It's just been a long day and I thought you were trying to buy me to sleep with me..." I said honestly, drinking more wine to maintain my courageous tongue.

"I bought you those things because I wanted you to feel like you belonged. And I realize you don't see that you do. I won't force you again, I'm sorry...I just need to know..did he hurt you?"

Instantly, my wrists ached but I shook my head "no". As I sat at the table, it then became silent as I moved my hair down from the many bobby pins as it fell long down my shoulders. The natural but subtle waves still made it look effortless and I played with my bottom lip as I saw him lean back in his seat analyzing me.

"Are you done?" His voice fluctuated with each word almost as if nervous and I realized I was causing it. I decided to have fun with the moment. I nodded and took a cracker on a tray in the center and nibbling on it slowly before moving my hair to one side-exposing my neck, making his lips part and his breath to slow.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom before we go to the room..." I said raising from my seat and reentering the building before finding the restrooms beside a sign which separated the mens' from the womens'. I pushed open the door and dabbed water on my face before adjusting my dress so the rip looked like part of the design. I then replayed the seductive moment I placed him through before the bathroom door flew open and it then quickly locked all in the time in took for me to turn around.

"What are you-"

"I don't like being teased." He said as he pushed me against the far wall. "I like teasing..." He placed his hands on either side of my waist before lifting me onto the counter in between to sinks. His arm wrapped around my back as his other hand was firmly on my cheek, holding my head as he could move his palm or wrist and my head would follow. His lips traced my neck then my lips before I lunged forward and we began a passionate encounter. He moved his hands down my arms, down my waist until he made it to the hem of the dress and pulled it up so he could pull me to him. I could feel his arousal and blushed a the thought. Knowing I caused that. "That's what you do to me..." He said before releasing the kiss and leaving me trembling on the counter top before exiting the restroom.

Holy mother of God....