Chapter 8, Waking Up.

After Niko brought Alex home, they fell asleep on the same bed. They were just cuddling, and just, being together and spending quality time without Niko turning into a stuttering mess.

After a while, Niko woke up. He looked into Alex's sleeping eyes. To be honest, he looked cute gosh, even amazing. Niko slowly took his hand off of his chest and climbed off the bed smiling.

Alex: Don't l-leave me...

Niko froze. He didn't know what to do in this situation.

Niko: S-Shhh- be quiet... Go back to sleep or something...

Alex: B-but-

Niko: S-shush now...

Alex: B-but Eli-

That's when reality hit him. He thought he was Elijah.

Niko's POV: He thought I was Elijah-?! I mean- he does see me as a friend... And he isn't gay... Maybe I shouldn't think too hard about this.

With that, a tear streamed out of Niko's cheek.

Niko: Everything will be alright. I-I love you...

Alex: Love you too Eli. Please don't leave me... Don't move to USA just for the job... I'll miss you so much...

Niko didn't know what to do in that moment.

Niko's POV: Huh? Elijah's gonna work abroad?? Damn- I guess I'll just play along...

Niko: Everything has to happen honey... I'm so sorry.

More tears went down his cheek as he realized he's never gonna be able to be his. He's ever gonna hug, kiss, or love him like he loves Alex.

Niko: Till death do us part hun. Till death do us part.

Alex: I'll love you till the day I die.

Niko put on a fake smile as tears fell on the floor. Alex still had his eyes closed, still curled up in that little ball while he was sleeping.

Niko: I'll go make breakfast.

Alex: Okay Eli.

Niko walked in the bathroom, and cried. He looked at himself in the mirror and became a sobbing mess. He was not okay. But he didn't want to ruin his friendship with Alex by confessing. He was a mess. He wanted the ground to swallow him up and suffocate him. Infact, he just wanted to be his.

Niko: M-maybe, just m-maybe one day you could learn to love me too. And I'll always love you till the day I die.

Author's note:
Hey, author here, just wanted to say sorry for the delay of uploads. I promise chapter 9 and 10 (Coming Soon!!) will be longer and will be less time to make. And I'll make sure they are less cringy, and maybe add subtle hints on Niko and Alex's relationship. Thanks for reading! And if you enjoyed this, please consider commenting or supporting this story. I really appreciate any type of support!! So, with all that covered, hope to see you all in chapter 9!!
- Summer <3