𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 is up with you. Ever since what happened that day, you've seemed off. Bakugou could tell. Your conversations were short and brief, and you always seemed like you had other things on your mind. Most of your time would be spent in your room. You would only come out to eat or exercise for maybe an hour or two, and then you were back to shutting him out. It was very worrying.

When you finally left your room today to go to the gym, Bakugou followed you. He found you at the pool. He watched you drop your towel and tried not to focus on how well your one-piece hugged your curves, choosing to observe your actions instead. You dove into the water and started swimming laps back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. You kept going until you tired yourself out until you were panting and clinging against the pool wall.

He decided to approach you then. He wandered over, crouching down from above. "Hey."

"What?" You asked as you regained your breath.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to continue our self-defense lessons. We haven't practiced in a while." He offered.

"Maybe. I'm kinda busy right now, so, if you don't mind." Why were you acting so cold? Why were you closing up again? Was it because of what happened? How does he fix this?

He took a deep breath, holding back and not taking his frustrations out on you. He knew that would only make things worse. He stood up tall, straightening his posture. "Right. I'll see you later, then."

"Sure." Was all you replied with, before you got back to it.

--

Bakugou sat in the kitchen and waited for you to come back. After about an hour or so, you returned, freshly showered, in a baggy shirt and sweatpants. You were making a beeline for your room, but he stopped you in the hall before you could get there.

"Hey, can we talk?" You paused and turned to face him. "Okay."

"You've been acting weird, and I want to know why."

"What do you mean?" You played dumb.

"You know what I mean. You hardly leave your room or talk to me, and when you do, you're always rushing. You just...don't seem like yourself." He remarked.

You scoffed. "You hardly know me. How can you even tell if I'm being myself or not?"

You turned on your heel and walked over to your door. Just as you reached over to open it, Bakugou put a hand on it, softly pushing it shut. You frowned at him, but he didn't budge.

"We might not know each other well, but we've been living together for the past couple of months. I want to know you. I want you to open up. And us coexisting like this isn't great. I'm not a mind reader, so if you just tell me what's going on, I can help."

You sighed. You knew he wouldn't let you leave until you told him the truth. "It's not that big of a deal, okay? I haven't been sleeping well and I've had nightmares is all. I can only sleep during the day, so that's why I've been hiding in my room."

"I'm sorry...Do you want to talk about it?" He offered. He wasn't great at comforting people, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

"Not really. I- I'm just worried. I mean, they could've caught us, and if anything happened to Leo. I don't know what I'd do. I'm so scared for him, and being away is killing me. And I just want my life to go back to normal. I mean, it wasn't all sunshine and roses but it was normal, and it beats being hunted down for a quirk that I can't even use. The worst thing is, I don't know if it'll ever be normal again. If I'll ever be okay again."

And just like that, it all came out. Your feelings and fears that you had been trying to push down for so long, but now the floodgates had opened. Tears streamed down your face, your shoulders shuddering with each sob that escaped your lips.

"God, this is so embarrassing." You muttered, trying to push the tears away, trying to hold it in again. You stared at the ground, unable to meet Bakugou's gaze.

"No, it's not." He placed a gentle hand on your shoulder. "It's okay to cry. All this shit that's happened to you is awful, and you've been handling it extremely well. Better than I ever could."

"You're just saying that." You muttered. "You're the number two pro, after all. You'd handle it just fine."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Everyone thinks I'm the greatest, and I am...but I'm not as strong as you. I never had to go through the things you did. I was a lucky kid, blessed with this quirk and a loving giving family. But I have my weaknesses. Everyone does. And seeing the way you fight, for work, for your life, for everything...seeing you take your weaknesses in stride- it's really admirable."

"Thanks, Bakugou." You smiled, slightly bashful and flustered from his words.

"Katsuki. You can call me Katsuki." He told you. You had been living together long enough and It felt...right.

You wrapped your arms around him suddenly, pulling him into a hug. "Thanks, Katsuki."

He hugged you back, softly. The hug lasted for probably less than a minute it felt like an eternity to him. He could smell your shampoo. He hoped you couldn't hear his racing heartbeat. He hoped you didn't notice his flushed cheeks.

He pulled away first. "Why don't you go sit on the couch, and I'll make dinner, okay?"

"Sounds good."

He managed to whip up some spicy curry, and when he walked back to the couch, he found you, half asleep. You had been hiding how exhausted you had been for so long, but now he could see it.

"Get ready for your mind to be blown-" He paused, and you sat up, rubbing your eyes sleepily. "I'm ready. I guess we'll see who's is better."

You only got a few bites in before you inevitably set the bowl down and started to doze off. He let you. He could flex his cooking skills another time. For now, he'll eat dinner while you rest your head on his arm and fall asleep.

Once he finished his food, he washed his and your dishes, and then tucked you in under a blanket, resting your head on the pillow. You looked so soft and peaceful when you slept. You had been through so much, and he promised himself he wasn't going to let you suffer anymore, and he'll keep his promise to Johnathan. He wouldn't let anything bad to you or Leo. He will keep you safe.

(A/N: Reader is just like me fr

Thanks for reading!

Comment & Vote ❤️❤️❤️