School

The bus comes to a screeching halt, the doors open, the half of us that go to this school get off while the other half waits to get to their school. Step off and suddenly the smell of gas floods your nose for a second due to everyone just arriving. Walk through those doors and we begin the school day.

Locker on the third floor, and off to first period. Day starts out with a head held relatively high. As the day progresses that head begins to drop. Wrong name, wrong pronouns, constantly being mis-gendered, nothing could possibly make it worse, not a single thi-. . .that's right, gym class. Changing clothes in front of a bunch of guys who make fun of you for being self-conscious about your body and constantly make your life a living hell. Not to mention the teachers expect more from you since you're, in their eyes, a boy.

Sixty painstakingly long minutes of agony later, it's finally time to move on with your day. At least now you're able to draw, one of your favorite pass-times during the school day, and best of all, it's for a class too. There's finally time to sit and hopefully make the day better by being alone.

That being all said and done, the only thing more to say about a routine school day is extreme detail that nobody wants to hear, this is only about the ups and downs anyway, not the specifics.