Chapter 19

I was getting tired with constantly being knocked out. Every time I came to I felt worse than before and exhaustion was quickly starting to take
its toll.

This time when I woke up I had a pounding headache and the usual pain from when Sheep Mask tried to rearrange my face earlier.

My left eye was throbbing and all I wanted to do was dip my head in a bucket of ice.

I groaned in pain as I slowly opened my eyes. The pain in my left eye seemed to be getting worse.

I sat up slowly and glanced around.

A startled gasp left my lips as I realized I was no longer in the same room. In fact I wasn't in the basement at all. I wasn't even in the hotel anymore.

I was in the back of a van.

I quickly crawled over to the van doors and tried to open them but unsurprisingly they were locked.

Sighing in frustration, I looked around for anything that would help me but the van was completely empty.

If this van would've been like most, then I could've simply crawled into the front and unlocked the doors from the inside, but this van had the front completely sealed off so I had no idea if someone was in the front or not and due to the lack of windows I didn't have a clue to where I even was.

So I did what anyone would do in my situation.

"Help! Somebody help me!" I started banging on the doors of the van with my fists.

"Anybody! Help! Please!"

The doors to the van suddenly flew open and sunlight flooded in and I had to shield my eyes with my hand from the sudden harsh light.

I squinted as I stared at the shadow that stood before me.

"Quit screaming or I'll have to knock you out again."

My heart dropped into my stomach as a cold shiver ran up my spine.

That voice.

It couldn't be.

The shadow stepped closer, out of the sun's bright light, confirming my suspicion.

"Dylan." I whispered.

A lazy smirk found its way to his lips.

"Nice to see you again princess."

I couldn't bring myself to speak so I just stared in shock at the guy before me.

"Surprised to see me?" He asked, the smirk never leaving his face.

"Y-you...You're working with him? Why?" I asked, my voice trembling.

The smirk on Dylan's face faltered.

"I don't really think that's any of your business princess."

I shook my head.

"I don't understand. After everything we went through, after everything he helped put us through, you're helping him?"

I couldn't keep my voice from rising as anger started to replace the shock.

"He tried to kill us! He's a murderer Dylan. He kills people for fun! Why...why would you help someone like that?"

Dylan glanced over his shoulder quickly before turning back to face me.

"I said keep your voice down unless you want to be knocked out again."

Dylan took a deep breath.

"And to answer your question, desperate times calls for desperate measures right?"

I frowned, not understanding what he was talking about.

"All of this could've been avoided you know." Dylan said after a moment.

"What?"

Dylan gestured to me with his hand.

"This. He wants Archer and he'll do anything to get back at him, even if that means using you. This is more than just revenge. He wants to make him suffer and he's using you to do it. If you would've just come with me when I asked we wouldn't be in this mess."

"Are you trying to say this is my fault?" I asked incredulously.

Dylan shook his head and a dark look crossed his features.

"No, this is Archer's fault. You just had the misfortune of being with him so you got pulled into it too."

I sighed and shook my head.

"Dylan please don't do this. Let me out and we can call the police and find Archer and the others together. You don't have to be apart of this."

He gave me a sort of sad smile.

"I'm already apart of this and unfortunately you're not the only one with the people you love live's on the line."

Before I could respond Dylan stepped back and closed the van doors again, locking me back in.

I slumped against the side of the van and pulled my knees up to my chest before placing my head in my hands.

What was I suppose to do now?

I wasn't even in the hotel anymore. I had no clue where I was and if I didn't know where I was then how was anybody suppose to find me?

My bag and cell phone were gone, I assumed Sheep Mask took it or had Dylan do it when they brought me above ground. Now I had no way of contacting anybody.

I was on my own.

It seemed like my chances of getting out of here were slim to none. I'd be lucky if they let me live, but knowing the psycho that was behind all of this the way that I did, I didn't think my chances there were too high either.

So, I simply sat there with no real hope of getting out and cried. I cried until no more tears were able to fall and when the tears stopped falling I just shook with silent sobs and when those stopped too I just curled up into a ball, exhausted and eventually let sleep take over and do its job.