07 ━ STRONGER

DESTRUCTION.
( chapter seven. )

Edited 04/29/2018 @6:04 PM

THE DAYS LEADING UP TO THE FINAL fight seemed to come faster than Andrea expected. She would've liked to she was prepared, but she wasn't. Her days and nights had been spent worrying rather than sleeping and the thought that they were walking into an unfair fight─ a fight against enhanced beings─ left her nervous.

What if she wasn't enough to protect her friends?

Andrea closed her eyes, letting out a soft sigh as she hung her head and buried her face into her hands. In less than a week, the end battle now loomed only a few minutes away. The Avengers had made quick of their work with the other bases and now, the possible end of HYDRA was finally lingering right in front of her.

But, only if she was strong enough to finish it. And she had to be, otherwise they were truly, royally screwed. Andy lifted her head, looking across the quin-jet and meeting the concerned gaze of Steve.

  "You alright?" He asked.

  Andy said nothing, but she nodded, even despite knowing she was far from 'alright.' It was strange to feel nervous. She would've expected more bravery from herself, especially considering the fact that her hatred for the organization ran deep.

  But, now that the enhanced were in the equation, Andy was feeling all types of wary. The brunette sat up, sticking out her leg to strap a knife-holster to her thigh.

It also didn't help matters that the group still had yet to find the scepter or Strucker, which meant that this final base held both. It also meant that it had the most potential to have a strong defense to get through as well. Andy tightened the holster before folding her leg back under her seat.

  The nausea rolling through her stomach made her feel a hundred times worse. How humorous for her to have once been one of the world's deadliest assassins, only to feel fear in the face of taking on a simple base. Andrea gave a bitter sort of smile.

  Most of her memories before HYDRA were hazy, but the ones during captivity seemed to be the most stark and clear.

A majority of it were the procedures and the brainwashing, but there were a few memories about missions. Those memories came in flashes; sharp, blinding, brutal. They were the memories that were worth forgetting, though Andy never could.

  It was hard to erase the things she'd done, and she didn't want to try either.

What was the point? She didn't want to be a fraud; pretending as though she had nothing to hide. She may have been ashamed of her past, but at least she could own up to it.