chapter 2

--------7 years after first titan war---------
The remaining guardians were called up to the show room for the last gods to pick them. As I walked down to the room I kept my face straight allowing to emotion to show because I've been through this so many times. I'm the oldest guardian that hasn't been picked. The rest are guardians of major, minor, and half of the Olympian council. Because I am the oldest trained guardian I'm suppose to go to one of the two newest Olympians. Its up to Zeus to decide who I go with and then they have to name me.
As I enter the room all of the guardians stop what they're doing and get in a straight line. My old teacher died and I became the new trainer.
I look each of them in the eyes before nodding my head.There were some flashes and we were surrounded by the gods.
I nodded my head at them and Zeus pointed at a guardian then at a god behind him.
"You go with him." Zeus commanded.
Before the guardian moved I looked at him then stepped up to the king of gods."you do not order around someone else's guardian, and you know that." I looked him straight in the face never breaking eye contact. No emotion played across my face while his played with annoyance.
I could see all of the gods and guardians alike with scared faces.
"If you were anyone else I would have blasted you for disrecpecting me. Even my own kid. But I will let it slide." Zeus nodded at me then smirked as he saw everyone's expression.
I looked at my guardians and their faces went straight.
After five minutes all of the gods had a guardian except me and the second oldest.
Everyone left except for Zeus. He walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.
"I have twin gods who are going to be on the council and I want them to be safe because they are my youngest at the moment. So I wanted to ask if you and the last guardian could watch over them. Their names are Artemis and Apollo." Zeus asked as I turned to look at him.
"Bring them here." I wasn't going to take this job if I got stuck with an idiotic god so I wanted to meet them.
Two flashes alerted us three that two more gods arrived. When the light dimmed down I saw a tennage boy and girl. The girl had brown hair and silver eyes. The boy had blond hair and sky blue eyes. The first thing I noticed was how full of mischief his eyes were. I looked at my guardian and seen him staring at the girl so when he looked at me nodded my head to the boy.
"This is Apollo," Zeus pointed at the boy"And this is Artemis. "He pointed at the girl.
Apollo and his guardian shook hands when he asked for his name.
" I don't have one, sir. You are suppose to name me."
"OK ill call you Will." He flashed out of the room.
"Aren't you going with my daughter?"Zeus asked as I walked away.
" She doesn't want a guardian."I stated as I turned towards them.
"You will have a guardian. He is the most trained. He is older then my own guardian. If any one could protect you its him. He doesn't even talk much. Please give him a chance." Zeus turned towards Artemis.
"Yes father." She looked at me as I walked towards her.
"You need to name him." Zeus told his daughter.
"Perseus." Artemis said as I stood two feet away from here.
------------------------6 months----------------------
Artemis and Apollo were being introduced to the Olympian council today, as me and Will stood next to them. Artemis looked nervous. I looked at her and decided to calm her down." Hey, Arty, they'll love you and if they try to hurt you I will kill each of them like I have sworn to do."
"I know you will Percy but what about Hera? She doesn't like children of Zeus." She sounded so worried.
I leaned in to whisper in her ear so Apollo and Will wouldn't hear the emotion in my voice "If she goes to lay a finger on you I will kill her guardian."
Artemis gasp. Killing a gods guardian was like killing their soul exspecially when they have been with you for over a seven years.
"What's wrong Lil sis?" Apollo asked.
"She's not your little sister." I growled at him.
"Whoa calm down I'm sorry." Apollo his behind Will as I glared at him.
"Perseus, Will, bring them in." Zeus yelled so we could hear him through the doors.
We walked in front of the two gods and when the other guardians in the room bowed to me in respect. At least the ones I taught the other Ines looked at me in confusion before coming over and congratulating me on getting asigned.
"They are my children. They will be joining the council along with getting their titles." Zeus looked proud while Hera looked mad.
'Lady Hera do you have a moment I would like to discuss something with you in private."
"Fine."
As the meeting came to an end three woman flashed in to give them their titles.
"Lady Artemis step forward you are to be the goddess of hunt, archery, childbirth, the moon and wilderness. Lord Apollo you are to be god of archery, music, prophecy, and the sun." After they said that they flashed away. As Zeus dismissed everyone, me, Artemis, Hera, and her guardian stayed behind.
"Artemis please step our if the room I need to speak with Hera." She nodded and left."I want you to know that I'm being serious when I say that if you harm her or send someone to harm her I will kill your guardian along with anyone else's. Its not her fault that Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants so don't take it out on his children. They don't deserve it." I told her. When I mentioned killing her guardian said guardian looked shocked that I turned out like this when I use to be playful.
"What if they do deserve it?" She questioned.
"Let's make a deal. If you are absolutely sure that I would agree that they deserve it then you can but never kill them." I turned towards the door as she thought of her answer.
"Deal." We bid each other good bye and I left to find Artemis.