VOLCANO ERUPTED

I woke up in the morning around four. I still had time to go but as usual I woke up before time as I have been doing since childhood. Whenever I went for a long journey, it was hard for me to sleep in the previous night. After dad's death I have stopped doing because I never went for long journeys except one when I had to go to vacation with my uncle. Usually I and Daniel would stay at home but that year he wanted to go and inspite of leaving me alone at home uncle asked me to come. I couldn't say no.

This time I woke with a feeling that I will be happy for the first time with my this decision. May be going to Lansdowne makes me close to my dad. I don't know if I am right or not.

Soon clock ticked by indicating me my departure time. I got up and went for a shower. I packed all my things last night so there is nothing left to pack. I dressed up leaving my hair open as they were wet and applied little make up that include mascara and lip gloss. I tip toed down making my way to the kitchen so that I can have something to eat. I grabbed a bowl put some cereal and milk and went outside to sit on the porch. The cool air was making me shiver little bit but I ignored it and thought of my new home.

I saw a car coming towards me. I got on my feet and saw that it was my dad's friend, Jackson's car. He also worked for my father. I have always seen him with my dad. Actually he was living with us when dad was alive. Then I came to live my uncle and he left the town to live in Lansdowne. I don't know why he went. He told me that he have nothing left in this town except me. I have always seen him as my family.

"Zoe, will you please snap out of your thoughts," he pleaded which made me laugh.

"Sorry, I just dozed off. What were you saying?" I asked.

"I said Good morning and if you have come out of your shallow dreams shall we start going?" he asked irritably.

"I was not dreaming and I said sorry. And the answer of your question is yes. Let me just take out my luggage," I said while scowling.

"No need. I will take care of it. You just go and sit down in the car," I nodded.

After putting up my luggage he started the car. The whole ride was spent in silence. And I don't mind it instead I love because it gives me the time to think whatever I need to. The sun had risen showering its bright rays making the atmosphere sparkle.

Soon we reached the airport and we were in air. Now I hate being left alone. I take back my words, I don't love silence. I was bored so I decided to ask Jackson about his life and about Lansdowne. Last time I visited it when I was eleven years old.

"Can I ask you some questions if you don't mind" I asked him. He was reading a magazine with so much concentration like he is going to give exam. Even I had not studied so hard in my life like ever.

"Yes, you can"

"Why you lived here after leaving the city?"

"Because it's my hometown. I was born here. I have worked for your dad since when you came in his life. And after your dad gone and you living with your uncle I had nothing to do. So I left and have been here from that time. I didn't needed any work because as per your dad will no worker of his can be resigned without his daughter's consent that means you. In short I still work for your company before it was your dad now it's you"

"It's seems you are stuck with me for forever. Tell me more about yourself"

"What more to say..... After leaving the city I got married" he smiled.

"Continue....." I said

"Her name is Emily. I met her the year I came in the town. It was like love at first sight and soon we got married. She is an amazing woman. I love her so much. She is caring and sweet. And we live together in a house which basically is my friends. Actually he was your father's friend also. You remember his doctor, Dr.Josh. Well he is the head of the house. Beside my family many other families live with us. It's a big house not as big as yours, of course, but quite big. But we also have our home where we sometimes go and live. We all live like a family"

The way he was describing all this was making me jealous of him that how happily he lived and how I lived. If he could have wanted he could have brought me along. This was making me angry and many other things. I was angry that my father left me. I was angry that there was no one with whom I can live happily. I was angry that there was no one to look after me if I get kidnapped or if I die. From where all these hateful emotions were coming, I didn't know. But they were doing their work. I was angry so much angry that I thought of doing something which I will regret afterwards.

I have never been angry in my life. I am said to be a quite person. But till when I could suppress my emotions, someday they would have to come out. All of these thoughts were erupting from inside of me like a volcano erupts and when it happens it brings lava which burns everything in it way. Same was happening with me. My emotions were making me furious not letting me to cool down. I was afraid that I am going to do some regretful thing and that was punching Jack. He has not stopped talking. He was not even looking at me whether I am listening to all his happy moments or not.

I want to say him to keep his mouth shut. But no voice was coming from my throat. I was gasping. Like someone was sucking my soul out and I was not able to breathe. It was making my vision blurry. I had to concentrate. I scolded myself.

"Zoe, what's happening? Oh God, you have cut your hand..." he said all panicked.

Thanks for looking at me now. He came near me to examine but before he could touch I punched him in his stomach. There was crunching noise. Surely I would have not hurt him so hard, or have I?

He didn't show any emotion on his face but shouted for someone to come and help. I saw a man coming near me to hold my hands but I also did the same what I had done to Jack. I laughed thinking that these two giants can't control me.

"Jack she is on the line of changing and if she changes you know no one can handle her not even an A......." I heard that man saying.

"Shut up!" Jack shouted. "Call more people we have to sedate her"

What was he saying I was changing? What does it mean?

The man went to call other people leaving Jack with me. I was practically kicking him and I know he was hurt but then also he had me in his hug. What can a hug do when he would have been with me when I needed him the most. Haa nothing.

I smelt four new scents. They all were just like Jack, all big and muscular ones. Someone tried to grasp my leg but I kicked him in his calf and he made a grunt noise. In that moment I felt something pricked in my neck.

"Easy there princess. Now you are Okay". Jack said making me lie in his lap. I couldn't see their faces as my eyes were closing by themselves.

"She is okay or we are okay.." someone said chuckling.

"She kicks like....." I couldn't hear what he said.

Everything started getting fussy, slowly darkness started surrounding me and I blackout.