Chapter Six

Episode Two: Blessings of St

Episode Two: Blessings of St. Coccyx

"And as their eyes started to close they felt a peace loom over them. They were reunited with their lover. A happiness in the skies, a joy in the heavens..."

Aurelia has experienced death, she was a witness to it. She can remember her blood curling scream and the tears that flooded the floor. She remembers her mother's death vividly.

However, there is something different about reading to those that are suffering. Her mother's death was sudden, unexpected. But this, here... It's accepting and cruel. She believes that's why she is here, trying to make it bearable and less scary. Her mother's death was terrifying but the people here can find a peace and gentle voice when they reach the other world.

"The shadow no longer follows them, for they are shining bright in the sky. Hopelessly in love and reunited. A tragedy to no one." She looks towards the patient, a younger man in his twenties, sick and pale.

She hears his shallow breaths, and it takes her back.

"Mother, get up! Mother, please! Breathe mom! Just breathe! Somebody help! Help me!"

She slams her book and stands up quickly, she needs a doctor or a nurse. She needs someone to help her. She has seen death once in her life and she thought she could see it again, but her heart is failing her. Her good nature and gentle touch, it's too much for this.

"Someone help! He can't breathe! Please!" Aurelia cries out, looking for a nurse or a doctor, but it seems all of them have been occupied with Belle and her new plans for this hospital.

She moves towards the man, trying to search for his pulse, her hands shaking, memories of her dead mother filling her head. It's repeating. She tries to press on his chest, trying to get some way to clear his airway but it seems useless.

"Please! Somebody! Jack!" Aurelia cries, still trying to tend to the man but having no knowledge of what to do.

The man's face is a sickly white and purple, he looks like death is knocking on the door. It's horrifying and exactly like how her mother looked. She is sobbing, blood getting on her face when the man coughs up blood. It's running down her cheeks and the man's chin, the thick liquid red, but she's trying. She is still trying.

"No, no, no please! Please!" Aurelia doesn't even realize she is crying her mother's name, pleading for her mom to breathe instead of the man.

She's so far gone, her brain completely in the past, reliving the horror. It's terrifying, the trance like state, but she keeps trying, her hands pounding against the man, her body shaking, sobs leaving her lips.

"Are you - Aurelia, hey... Aurelia..." She feels someone trying to pull her from the man but she latches on, sobs still leaving her lips, her mother's name being cried out.