Daddy's Words(one-shot)

Hello everyone! :D

This is my very first one-shot! Yay! I ask you, if there are any pieces of advice you have or you would like to read more one-shots then please comment or message me! I LOVE feedback! It’s like a when a vampire needs blood, they get thirsty for red stuff that comes out of cuts well I get thirsty for long paragraphs or two words from my readers that tell me to keep going! :D

Well I was cleaning my room (lame I know, who cleans their room?) and I got this idea randomly while listening to the song Broken by Seether feat. Amy Lee. I really recommend you listen to the song before reading this. The bracketed/bolded lines within the story are lyrics from the song. That’s what this one-shot was inspired by so I might as well put the song in there. (:

Disclaimer: The song belongs to its respectable owners; I take no credit what so ever. The characters belong to Stephenie Meyer. So I guess I own uh nothing…

Enjoy! :D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Daddy’s Words

I sat there, staring at his unchanging face. It's been 7 days, a whole week.

A week since that horrific day. A week since I've seen his bright leafy green eyes. A week since I've felt his strong warm arms wrap around my waist. It had been a week since I last heard him quietly hum our one year old son to sleep. A week since I heard him speak with his smooth southern drawl. A week since I heard him whisper "I love you, darlin'" in my ear.

(I wanted you to know that I love the way you laugh

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain)

It's been a week since I got that blood chilling phone call. The phone call which caused me to break one of my white china plates. That caused me to panic and almost hurt my poor son. That caused my blood to freeze and my breath to get caught in my throat.

I had asked Edward, my brother, to bring our wedding picture. It sat on the table beside his bed. It was of me and my husband, Mary Alice Cullen and Jasper Charles Whitlock. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. I remember the music, the dress, the people, the decorations, the laughter, and the congratulations. That day I was finally named Mrs. Alice Whitlock.

(I keep your photograph and I know it serves me well

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain)

"Has there been any change, Alice?" asked Edward. He had entered the room wearing a white lab coat and carrying a clipboard.

I shook my head sadly, never taking my eyes off my husband's expressionless face.

"Where's Mason?" I asked, glancing up at my brother who was checking the machines surrounding the white bed.

"In the cafeteria with Rosalie, Bella, Nessie and Emmett," he answered.

I nodded weakly and returned my gaze to the body on the bed. A couple minutes of silence and Edward eventually left.

I took Jasper's hand gently and spoke quietly to him, "Jazz, can you hear me? If you can hear me, please listen. Please don't leave me, or Mason. Remember Mason? Your son, the son you always wanted? Remember when I almost broke your hand during my contractions? He wanted out, 5 weeks early." I laughed a bit.

"Remember when you took me to Paris? Remember the nights we spent in our hotel suite? Then a month later I found out I was pregnant. Remember when we spent the weekend with Emmett, Rosalie, Bella and Edward? We went to your parent’s ranch and Bella almost had to go to the emergency room twice."