22. Tour Kickoff (Part One)

Friday August 29th Nashville, TN

12:30 pm

Vincent and his entire crew flew down the day before to save on driving time. The label sent down the bus the day after the shower, so it would be ready for immediate departure after the concert. Vincent ran back to his hotel room to eat lunch with his fiance because she was on bed rest. Shawn gave everyone an hour off for lunch, since most them still had jet lag and he understood Vincent's dilemma. It ate away at Vincent not being able to have Laurel by his side as he set up for the show. He couldn't wait to bring her backstage for the final rehearsal and sound check later in the evening.

Laurel was sitting up in bed writing some new material when Vincent came in with lunch. "Hey sweetheart how's things going?" "I'm glad the food is here I'm starving." What a way to say hi Laurel. He saw her put her notebook down hurriedly not wanting to see what she wrote. I wonder why that is? Not wanting to push the issue he pulled out the bedside tray and opened it, putting the take out on top. Inside was a large salad, a deli sandwich and some soup, plus fruit juice. "Aww honey you didn't have to do all of this for me!" "I wanted to because you're special to me. Now let's eat."

1:00 pm

After they finished eating, Vincent put the leftovers in the fridge and took a quick shower. Laurel laid back down on the pillows, letting the food digest. I can't believe I'm almost 6 months pregnant and getting married! I never would've thought any of this would happen but I'm glad it did. She started to doze off feeling tired suddenly, when Vincent came out the shower and dressed in lounge pants, but remained topless. He smiled as he got into bed finally able to take a nap after a long morning. Finally I can get some sleep! He curled up next to Laurel and put his left arm across her stomach and fell asleep.

1:35 pm

Vincent felt someone nudging him, and he tried to ignore it. "Vincent, wake up, I need your help." In a sleepy haze he answered, "Just five more minutes." He rolled on his back and fell back asleep. He's so sexy like this. If I wasn't pregnant I'd be waking him up in a completely different way. " Before she could stop herself she put her hands down his pants and started stroking his cock. Mmm something feels good. He started to groan as she moved her hands faster. Just as she was about to go down on him, a knock at the door broke the spell. Fantastic timing, damn! 

"Vincent, I know you're in there! Let me in!", Shawn barked outside. Vincent woke up and grabbed Laurel's face and kissed her deeply. "Vincent open the damn door." He stopped kissing her and got up to let him in. "About time." "What's the deal now? I was trying to sleep." "You can sleep later. Hi Laurel, how are you and kiddos doing?" "We're doing fine. Thanks for checking in, unlike some people." Vincent looked at her and rolled his eyes. Unbelievable. "Shawn took my phone from me during our rehearsal, otherwise I would've texted you." "Whatever Vince, remember our promise." She can be such a pain, but I love her though. "As I was saying, Vincent I need you to come down to the arena to try on your outfits for the show." Laurel perked up immediately, and started to get out of bed. "Elle what are you doing? Get back in bed!", Vince barked. "I need to go to the bathroom, and I'm going whether you like it or not. I'm not staying in here another second." She gave him a death like stare as he helped her into the bathroom. He knew that look well not wanting to anger her further. Shawn went to the door saying, "I'll go get a wheelchair for Laurel and be right back. No funny business!" "Shawn I hate you right now." "That's what friends are for, be ready in 10 minutes!" He left to get a wheelchair so Laurel wouldn't have to walk.

They finished in the bathroom and dressed quickly. Laurel put on a blue and white striped empire cut dress with matching flats, and put her notebook inside her purse. Vincent dressed in all black like usual and put on his favorite hat when Shawn reappeared. "Are you ready?", he said outside the door. "Yes we're all set to go." Vince unlocked the door and Shawn rolled in the wheelchair. "What's that for?", Laurel looked at the chair puzzled. "It's for you so you won't have to walk, Laurel.", Shawn replied as Vincent put her in the chair putting her purse on her lap. "This is crazy! I can't even walk around? Who put you up to this dear?" She's worse than when Rafael lost his favorite teddy bear. "Nobody did. It's doctor's orders. No moving around unless you're using the bathroom." She sighed as they left the room, going towards the elevator. Of course he remembers that.