Married

Kesh Pov:

She was eating fruits and some kind of smoothie, whole time complaining that weddings are supposed to be for celebration not torture. Eating and enjoying should be the priority. We weren't allowed to eat salty food, onion or garlic. She sucks at it. We were currently clicking pictures.

"Kesh why did you stop wearing your glasses?" She asked in a small voice.

"Someone told me to stop wearing and I did." I say

"When I said you were mad at me for whole month not only that you were rude to me as well." She says upset. She thinks I stopped wearing glasses for someone else but I didn't correct her. I was disappointed.

"Hmm now I no longer have to hide myself behind the glasses." I say.

"They suit you. Maybe you can wear that for me sometime." She says.

"I am hungry." I say pulling her towards me and when she offers her fruits. I shake my head looking at her lips.

"Stop it Kesh, we are not alone." She says whispering.

"It's okay I think they won't mind having a show." I say licking my lower lip. 

After 20 mins we were done with our wedding photoshoot because Nia was tired. She wasn't in the mood for pictures and the weight of her lehnga and jewelry was too heavy.

"I love you." She says smiling and pecking my lips.

"What did I do make you this happy love?" I say smiling

"Thanks for bringing this lehnga." She says excitedly give me a twirl and making me smile.

"Well I can't afford to make you upset on our wedding day." I say pecking her nose. She didn't go for shopping because she was mad at me for being mad at her. So, I had to make my girl happy.

"Ni why did you make me wear this wedding lehnga, everyone thinks I am the bride. Do you know how bad it look to steal my little sister's lime light." Aadrika says barging from the door and Nia giggles.

"Let them think that who cares. C'mon you look beautiful don't mind them. As far as Lime light is concerned, I stole your groom so you can steal the show." She says shrugging making Aadrika roll her eyes.

"Yah right, why would you care because you are the one who gave me this bridal lehnga." Aadrika says and I glare at her. If I look careful Aadrika does look like a bride with the red lehnga, similar to one Nia is wearing.

"What is she saying Love? You already had this lehnga then why did say you have nothing to wear?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"That was my back up plan and you know I always wanted to wear my wedding lehnga of your choice." She says pouting and playing with my sherwani button making me sigh.

"Ni, I have never seen you like this." Aadrika says giggling. "Time up guys. You both need to change."Aadrika says taking her and she pouts again making me chuckle.

After an hour we were sitting in the pavilion taking vows. She was dressed in a simple yellow saree with a red duppata draped on her head. She looked spellbinding. I can't keep my eyes off her from the moment I came here from varmala to sitting beside her.

During the rituals, she could hardly keep her eyes open. Two things Nia can't stay without Food and sleep and here she is without them. Soon we were married and after sitting for hours, we were taken inside a room. Vermillion was smeared on all her face from nose tip to her forehead.

"Am I looking funny Kesh?" She says

"No love, you look yummy." I say whispering and she glares at me, fixing her big nose ring. Once the rituals was done, we bid farewell to them. Her vermilion was all over her face, nose pink and face a little swollen after all her crying.

Everything passed in a blur after this until we reached home. The next few days went on with rituals.

"Kesh my head is hurting." Nia says sitting beside me.

"If you eat properly then it won't hurt." I says folding my arms.

"You are not helping." She says complaining.

"Fine I will bring you a coffee." I say

"No just give me a little head massage. I will be fine." She says putting her head inside my neck. I massage her head and she soon falls sleep. I wake her up after a while and she grumbles before waking up making me chuckle.

"Freshen up we have breakfast in 20 mins." I say reminding her.

"Shit!! I was supposed to make something for the first time and I am late." She says rushing to the washroom and changing into a red saree with green border.

"It's okay Baby. You don't have to do anything. I will talk to them." I say when I see her running.

"No you don't have to. I don't want to use you all the time." She says before going out of the room.

When I reached everyone was already there apart from Nishad and Akshit. I take my place beside Dadi. She wasn't in a good mood. Nia serves Dadi first, Dad and Chachu next.

"And who is going to serve your husband." Viday Chachi says pointing at me.

"I will." She says serving me.

"Shouldn't you be serving your husband first girl." Dadi says taunting making me roll my eyes. "First you show up late and then have no manners." Dadi says.

"If she hadn't been slacking--" Kaya mumbles but Vidya chachi cuts her off with a glare. Nishad and Akshit rushes fixing themselves.

"Sorry Dadi we are late." Nishad says taking his place.

"No breakfast for you both." Dadi says with a scowl.

"Breakfast is an important meal no one should miss. Sit down guys I will serve. " Nia says making other members gasp at her boldness. Akshit takes his place ignoring Dadi while Nishad was still standing.

"Nishad, what's wrong?." Nia says looking at him.

"I am waiting." She says when he doesn't move.

"No bha-bhabhi i-it's okk-ay. I am no-not Hungry." Nishad says tensed.

"Nishad, don't worry I can wait but you need to take your first step on your own." Nia says pulling his chair and ignoring his last statement. She meant he needs to take his stand not follow blindly. By this time Dadi was fuming and glaring at Nia but she wasn't affected.

"Sit down Nishad. We don't have all day." I say sighing and he nervously takes his step slowly.

"Aakesh what is this? You wife just disrespected me and you are supporting her." Dadi says gritting her teeth.

"Dadi please can we not talk about this. I am getting late for work." I say not wanting to start any argument. She wasn't done but before she could say anything Nia serves her hot puri and kheer. My dadi is a big foodie, so she gets carried away, whenever she sees food.

"Yes but we need to talk." She says getting distracted by the food and taking a bite. After breakfast, I leave kissing  Nia forehead making everyone shocked and she kisses my cheeks out of habit.

"Bhai we didn't knew you loved PDA?" Ashish says teasing.

"Now you know Ashish." I say ignoring him but Samira chachi stops me.

"What about us?" Samira chachi says teasingly pointing to Trilekha ma, mom and Vidya chachi.

"Bye chachi." I say and she chuckles.

"Bye Aakesh." She says and I walk outside. Soon others follow me with Akshit. Today was his Second week of his work. He was there as an intern following me and this didn't settle with him.