Chapter 24: Difficult times

Start from the beginning

"So do you know if she's doing better?" "No. I haven't heard anything from either her, my mom or brothers. But I will call my mom and ask her." "That would be a good idea. How's her knee?" "Bad. She told you she's using Joe's crutches from last year?" "I remember. She said she went to put her legs on the desk in front of her when it popped." "Well, when that happened she was in class. She called me after crying because she was in so much pain. When she got home it was already starting to bruise and swell badly. She tried to get Bella on her own last night and her knee gave out on her." "Awww is she OK?" "I'm not sure. She iced it last night after it happened. I didn't pay much attention this morning. Knowing my mom she's probably keeping an eye on it for any changes. She did the same thing with Joe when he got his cast off and was in a boot." "That's good. Well let me tell Nikki that you're here and that I'm leaving." "That's fine. May I use the bathroom real fast?" "Of course, you can. Use either one." "Thanks." "Your welcome." So I went inside and used the bathroom next to Andi's room. When I was done, Mrs.Mauvais was ready to go. "Are you ready to go?" "Yup. Ken's (her dad) home and Nikki is with her friends so we're good to go." "Great." So we left and went back to my house.

When we got there, I went to take a shower while the two moms talked. When I walked into my room, Andi was in bed taking a nap. So I quietly gathered my clothes and towels and carefully closed the door and tried not to wake her. Hopefully when she woke up she would be back to her old self. I felt bad for getting mad at her this morning. I guess I was treating her like she was a little kid. I'm going to apologise to her when I'm done and she's up.

~*~*~*~*Andrea's POV~*~*~*~*~*

After sitting with Joe and singing along with him, lunch was ready. So he grabbed Bella and we walked out together. "Hey Joe," "Yeah?" "I'm sorry for being such a brat this morning. I was just tried and not used to waking up after a high still feeling as bad as I did." He pulled me into a hug. "No problem. I get it. I'm used to it from being around Nick. It just depends on how the person deals with it. It was your first, so I get it. I kinda still remember Nick's first. He was the same way." "That makes me feel a lot better." "No problem. Let's go get something to eat before you get crabby again and make Nick upset again." "Good idea." So we went and sat down at the table and ate. Once we were done I decided to go lay down and take a nap because I could feel a headache coming on. Joe said he will keep watching Bella until Nick came home. I thanked him and went and laid down. Once I was comfortable I put my music on and slowly drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up Nick was home and was holding Bella. "Hey." "Hey sleep well?" "Yeah better than last night." "Good." "Hey babe?" "Yeah?" "I'm sorry for blowing up on you this morning. I know you were just trying to help." "And I'm sorry for stooping to your level. I guess we were both high and it wasn't a good mixture." "Plus my knee was still bothering me." I sighed and moved closer to him while being cautious about my knee. "So am I forgiven?" I asked him. "Yes and am I also forgiven?" "Yes." "Good I don't like when we fight." "Me either. When I was out running, I bumped into your friends Steven and Shea." "Really?" "Yup. We sat and talked. They helped me realize that I was stupid for acting the same way you did. I now know that if your high at night and still are again in the morning not to react the way I did. Especially if I'm the same way." "Same here." "Good to see you two are back to normal." Joe said. "Yeah. We talked and agreed that if either one of us has a morning high or we both do, then don't irritate and stoop to that person's anger level."

"Good idea. And if you're up to it, your mom's here. She came over with Nick." "Sure. She can come in here since I don't want to move and hurt my knee." "Good idea. Makes things easier for you." I gave him a 'no duh' look and he laughed and went to get my mom. "Why is he such dork?" "I have no clue. He's always been that way since I can remember." "True." We both laughed. Bella had fallen asleep so Nick set her down in her bassinet. Soon Joe returned with my mom. She walked in and sat next me. I hugged her tight!!! I always loved my mom's hugs. "How are you sweetie?" "Okay. Tired, sore." "I bet. From what I've heard your knee is pretty bad and Bella's fussiness doesn't help." "Yeah. Not being able to hold her while I'm walking sucks. I cant even push her stroller." "Aww sweetie. I know it sucks. You'll get through this. Now I know neither of you have eaten in a while and Nick's pod is ringing so that means he's low. Why do I get you guys something to eat?"