Chapter 12| Stitches Undone

3 days until the party...

It was early morning when Y/N's alarm clock went off at the Afton's in her temporary bedroom, a.k.a. the couch in the living room. She woke up a bit earlier than everyone else to put her stuff away and to look somewhat presentable. 

Today she was supposed to take Evan to Fred Bear's and stay with him the whole time. All thanks to Michael and his 'bullying little brother needs'. Why couldn't he just be mature? Well, that was one of the seven wonders of the world.

Michael groggily trudged down the stairs scratching his scalp. "Oh... I forgot you're here." Y/N was really bad at holding grudges so she couldn't stay mad at Michael. Plus he's kinda hot.

"Mhm. I practically live here." Michael pulled out a cereal box Y/N had never heard of or seen. That could also be because she wasn't allowed out of the house often until now. "What the hell's a Wee-tah...bix?" Y/N asked as she turned her head in an awkward position to try to read the font on the box. "British cereal," Michael answered as she shoveled more British cereal into his mouth.

"In about 20 minutes Evan's going to Fredbear's. Wanna come?" Michael took a second to register the question. "Are you going?" He looked about ready to fall asleep in his cereal. "Yeah, so I don't want you to do anything to Evan period, or I'll ask William for your bedroom," Y/N smirked slightly making eye contact with Michael as she sat at the table with her fresh pancakes.

He sat up a little straighter. "M'kay. Wait, I want flapjacks! Where'd you get those?!"

Y/N burst out laughing. "Flapjacks?! I made these "flapjacks"." Y/N exclaimed as she put air quotes on the word, 'flapjacks'. "You can cook? Who taught you?"

"My mother," Y/N muttered bittersweetly as she put the correct condiments on her pancakes. "Oh. They look good." Y/N nodded her head and flinched slightly as Michael reached over with a fork that seemed to appear out of nowhere. He took one, dripping some syrup on the table. "Boy, you better not take my food!" Y/N side-eyed him and he snickered. "Consider it as your payment for living here." He fit the entire pancake in his mouth in one bite.

"I'm gonna go wake Evan up," Y/N stood up and put her dish in the sink.

 Wow, I've changed a bit since meeting Michael. Maybe Dave was right, Michael was influencing me. Although, was he influencing in a good way or a bad way? Y/N thought of examples and things she would never do before the couple of months she'd known Michael.

Y/N knocked softly on Evan's door and a small cheerful voice announced a 'come in'. "Hey, little guy! Are you excited?"

"Uh, kind of. As long as you stay with me." Evan muttered as he slipped on his socks.

This reminded Y/N of bringing Chris to the diner for the first time. She teared up a bit, struggling to avoid the sadness. She wasn't able to see him thanks to the asshole she used to call dad.

"Okay, I'm ready." Evan chirped as opened his door. Y/N walked out of the room holding Evan's relatively small hand. Liz came out of her room with her hair messed up and in pink pajamas. "Where are you guys going?" She yawned and rubbed her eyes but smiled. "Oh, nowhere. Just to the library." Evan answered before Y/N could say something. They continued down the stairs as Y/N whispered, "Why'd you lie? Did you not want her to come?" Evan shook his head and Y/N gave him an understanding nod.

Evan eyed Michael suspiciously as the three got into the car. Michael stuck his tongue out in return. "Oh my Lord, Michael, don't be immature." Y/N opened the car door and sat next to Evan. "Why aren't you sitting up here?" Michael whined. Y/N rolled her eyes half-jokingly and smirked.

Y/N sighed heavily and silently thanked Michael and Evan for the distractions they provided her. She missed her mom so much and wanted to see Chris so badly. She couldn't afford to cry in front of Michael.