Chapter 13

(Seyun's Perspective)

I was irritated to say at the very least. Every time I talked to Chenle, Eun would either force her way into the conversation and demand to be the center of attention or just blatantly take him away from me. Yet, I tried to be patient for Donghyuck, who was close to Chenle.

I puffed when Eun pulled Chenle away for the nth time while we were waiting for Jisung and Mark to get back with some snacks. 

I locked eyes with Donghyuck who had seen the encounter. He walked to me and put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting gesture with a pout on his face.

"It's okay, I get it," he consoled.

"What?"

"Eun," he gestured to them, "She's always been like this, she tends to get touchy with my friends. Which is why I don't like her bringing her along, but Chenle insisted. He didn't want you to get uncomfortable with Mark and me, since we've never met," he explained.

I smiled. I loved how thoughtful Chenle was. 

"Come on, let's go,"

(Chenle's Perspective) 

Donghyuck must be really funny, seeing how Seyun had been laughing at everything he said and did for the past hour. Slightly leaning into her as he started laughing too. I suddenly regretted inviting the Lee cousins. 

My chair scraped against the floor and I got up. I shrugged off Eun's hand that gripped my arm and I saw Seyun observing the encounter.  

"I'll get something to drink," I announced. "Do you want something?" I asked, my question evidently directed at Seyun.

"An ice tea, please," Eun pitched in, cutting her off.

"Anything would do, thanks," She said.

Donghyuck volunteered, "I'll come." 

My patience with Donghyuck was wearing thin and his overly playful nature did not help. He was occasionally cracking jokes at my expense when he suddenly became serious, talking about how much he liked Seyun and how he had a truly great time joking around with her.

We walked back to our friends with drinks in our hands. Upon seeing our return, Eun came to us and hooked her arm in mine, insuring I couldn't sit beside Seyun.

Donghyuck and I passed on everyone's drinks. 

"Coffee?" Donghyuck asked, puzzled. "Who ordered hot coffee in summers?"

"Seyun," I gestured, "I got it for her,"

"Oh?" She was surprised, "It's my favorite, I love to drink coffee when it's hot,"

"I know," I whispered, audible enough for her to listen. She smiled.

"Well, you're a certified weirdo," Donghyuck joked.

Seyun was giggling at something Donghyuck had said when she suddenly gasped. She choked on a mouthful of coffee and started coughing. I sprung into action however, before I could reach her, Donghyuck was already there. Coaxing her to drink water and rubbing her back in an attempt to make her feel better.

Even though Donghyuck had pulled many pranks over me during our years of friendship, he had never gotten on my nerves this way. I know it wasn't his fault and he was just trying to be nice to Seyun on my request, I was still jealous.

Donghyuck was charming and often got his way with girls. He was attractive, funny and smart. All the qualities any girl would want in a guy. Even though I cherished Donghyuck from the bottom of my heart, I couldn't see him together with the girl I liked.