Dumbledore looks around the Hall before continuing.

"On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

Few people clap, I feel sorry for the new teacher, but it's understandable given the previous teachers.

"I have a good feeling about this new teacher." says Hermione. "Not least because he helped Harry when the Dementor attacked him."

If Hermione believes that, who am I to doubt her?

"Look at Snape!" says Ron.

He has a look of contempt directed at the new teacher.

"As to our second new appointment," continues Dumbledore. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

I (and practically the entire Gryffindor table) applaud Hagrid.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance. Let the feast begin!"

The first banquet of the school year begins. People chat excitedly about their summer. 

I go to the DADA classroom with my Gryffindor friends, excited to meet the new teacher that Hermione praised. I sit down next to Emma and Luna. 

"How is my brother?" asks Emma.

Well, of the golden trio, I can't say that Harry is the one I've paid the most attention to... But I imagine he's faced worse things than a dementor.

"Better than I would have thought for someone who was attacked by a dementor." I reply. "And mine? Has he been making fun of Harry too much?"

Emma chuckles. "He tried, until I said that if it had been Draco instead of Harry, he'd probably have shit his trousers."

I can't contain my laughter.

"My brother deserved it..." I say. "And in case you want to use something against him, I'm sure you'll want to know about something that happened this summer that made little Draco panic."

She turns to me. "Please tell me!"

"Draco panicked when he saw a spot of blood on my bed sheet... Logically, I'd only had my period, but he couldn't help screaming and thinking I was dying." I'm really adamant that I won't let my brother forget this story.

We both laugh. Shortly afterwards, Professor Lupin walks into the classroom and the lesson begins. He calls the roll, Lupin seems to pay more attention to Emma than any of us. He explains the content we'll be studying this year and starts teaching about Cornish Pixies.

When the lesson is over, everyone is putting away their belongings when the teacher calls Emma.

"Miss Potter, would you mind staying a few minutes? I'd like to have a word with you." says Professor Lupin.

Aster and I look at Emma. I wonder what the new teacher wants with her. 

In the next lesson, we reserve a seat for Emma, who arrives seconds before the teacher starts. As it's a History of Magic class with Professor Binns, it's not difficult to talk quietly about what Professor Lupin wanted with her. It turns out that Lupin is none other than Emma's godfather, he was a close friend of her father, which is why her parents chose him to be her godfather. 

The conversation with her makes me think about my godmother. To be honest, I have no idea who my godmother is (if I have one), or if I have a godfather like Emma. I never got round to asking my mum about it, but since I'm now dying of curiosity, I'll make a point of sending a letter asking.

𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙈𝙪𝙢,

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡, 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙄 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝘿𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧'𝙨 (𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩). 𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙢, 𝙀𝙢𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙥 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙙𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨, 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙛 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙙𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙙𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙛 𝙨𝙤, 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙩?

𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙖.