22: Come to me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Drowning under the waves of words I didn't say.'

~~~~~~~~~~

-Main Character-

Hacker tasks can be unhappening and boring at times.

We stare at the three monitors lined to form a big screen, each showing the location of Meadows siblings. Three of them reached Meadows mansion forty minutes ago. Noah is probably sleeping in as his whereabouts remain at the mansion while Olivia is visiting a friend in a residential society called 'Pearl' and Jameson is off to the biggest library in the city.

I toss a handful of Popcorn in my mouth, watching the screen with a lazy gaze. Sighing, I lean back in my chair and turn my hand towards Jake sitting to my left.

His eyes behind his glasses are focused on the screen. My eyes ran down to the length of his bare arm settled on the black plastic hand rest of the chair. Our makeout against the door earlier fogs my mind again. My hands in his hair, his lips on my neck. His deep voice and my whimpering. No amount of time can wash away the way he looked at me when his phone buzzed and he debated between continuing and working.

He'd said nothing. I had said nothing. We just nodded and headed to his computer room.

I turn away when he reaches for some popcorn from the bowl in my hand.

"Can't you just make it so that we receive a notification if any of them moved from their current location?" I propose the idea. Looking at three unmoving red dots on a screen isn't an ideal way to spend an afternoon.

He gives me a side glance. "Can't you do a thing that doesn't involve a million risks?"

Taunts, I see.

"This is boring," I bend forward, reaching for my phone kept on the table. As I switch it on, the screen displays low battery level. "Great." I toss it back on the table.

Jake's phone is kept beside mine. He used it a few minutes ago so it must have some battery. And it's Jake's phone, it definitely is charged.

Jake reaches for his phone- he must have noticed me looking at it- and holds it out for me. Stupid and random. It was a stupid and random thing he did and yet a tingling sensation brushed my heart.

I take it from his hand. "How do you not have any password on your phone?" I ask him, swiping to switch it on. Although I'm thankful that he doesn't or else I would have never read the chats with Olivia and more significantly, I would never know he had our old chats in the archive.

"I didn't deem it necessary. I carry a different phone outside."

His phone has system required and monotonous icons of apps. Nothing fun. I swipe past them until I find a Notes app at the very end. I glance at Jake- his focus hasn't budged from the screen. I know he's planning something since there isn't much going on the screens.

I tap on the notes app. A bunch of different notes fill the screen- each one of them is blurred and has a lock icon on them, meaning I can't access them unless I know the password. There's one note, though, without the privacy lock.

It is the most recent one, dated for three days ago.

Opening it, I find some random addresses listed. My eyebrows draw together. "What are these?" I ask without worrying about invading his privacy. Privacy has been long shot down on our list of the things that matter.

Jake leans back in his chair. He brushes a hand through his black hair before he brings his face closer to mine; both of our eyes on the phone.

He is quiet for a moment before he returns back to his position, sitting straighter and stiffer than before. "Houses. Like this one." He answers, not looking at me.