⌖46⌖

King

King

"Mel!" I yelled as I ran into the house . She met me as she came from the back room . "Where his ass at?" I asked .

"They already bagged him. I got him." I nodded , looking around seeing all the blood on the floor. Swear I hate his ass now . I sighed , If this wasnt déjà vu.

"Kassidy?" I yelled out. Mel brought me to the back room , going over to the closet. She opened and Kassidy looked up at me , getting up and hugging me . I picked her up, looking over her. "You okay?" She nodded .

"Where's Gene daddy?" She whined .

Mel and I started walking out ."You know which hospital they took her to?" I asked , she nodded.

"The closest one , which is about 15 minutes away."

"Daddy!!"

"Aight you gonna ride in your car over there?" I asked her as we walked out the house , she nodded.

"Yeah ill just meet y'all there."

"Daddy!" I looked at Kassidy.

"Kas , be quiet for a minute please." She just laid on my shoulder . "But aight." I said to Mel before going over to the truck. I told some guys to meet me over here with a different vehicle so Kassidy wouldn't be cramped up in that Cadillac .

"The guys said they'll go searching around the city while we're at the hospital." Michael said as I put Kassidy in the backseat . I looked back at him.

"Searching for what?"

"They said a lookout surrounding the hospital so Nate won't try anything else." I looked towards them .

"Aight. But if y'all have an association with him in any way , imma kill every one of ya by myself." I stated , they nodded before getting in the car. I closed the back door , getting in the driver seat as Michael hopped in the passenger .

"Is she aight?" He asked about Kas, I looked through my rear view mirror at her gazing out the window."I don't even know man." I said before we all started pulling out . I was first down the street with Mel then the guys trailing me on the way to the hospital .

--

We went into the hospital through the emergency entrance . "May I help you guys?" A nurse asked .

"Looking for Genesis..Murray, grey hair girl." Amelia answered. She nodded.

"She was just rushed through here about 5 minutes ago , she's in surgery as of now." The nurse answered .

I ran my hand down my face as Kassidy wiggled to get down . "No Kas , stay right here." She breathed hard .

"So when will she be out?" Michael asked .

"I'm not sure , depending on the conditions and how critical but you may go to the waiting room until further notice. " We agreed as we followed her to the waiting room , taking a seat . "I'll keep you guys posted." She said . I thanked her before she left .

It was only like 2 other families here . I leaned back into my seat , rocking Kassidy as my mind raced. Shit didn't add up. My mind soon started drifting away .

"Who are you guys here for?" The nurse asked me and Michael .

"Kelsey Reed." I stated . She nodded.

"Oh she's in surgery right now. Do you guys mind waiting in the waiting room?" She asked . I sighed as we followed her .

We walked in , sitting down .

"As soon as i find something out , I'll let you guys know." I nodded .

I looked down at Kassidy , she was only like 3 months old . She started getting restless , soon beginning to cry . I rocked and shushed her , trying to calm her but it wasnt really working . If something happened to Kelsey , how would I do this alone? I couldn't .

"Lemme see her." Michael stated , I handed her to him . Michael and I had met a few months ago since we work at the same trap house and we hit it off . He was cool .

He rocked her the same way I did. I looked around .

"You think they'll give us a nipple from the nursery?" I asked .

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "A pacifier nigga , I don't know. Go ask because she's not letting up and I think it's annoying everybody else." I looked around the waiting room , seeing people's mugs on their face.

"Fuck them." I said before getting up. They must not know how hard It is having a newborn and you young yourself . I'm only 19, I don't know shit about no baby like that .

I started walking to the room's door about to open it until it was opened and in walked the same nurse . "Oh my bad." I said from almost running into her . She nodded .

"No it's fine , I was just coming to .." She trailed off , " to say , s-she didn't make it . " she said .

I looked at her , my heart dropped. My world stopped . My body was froze .

"I'm so sorry sir , they tried all they could but she just lost too much blood."

I couldn't even talk at this point . I sat back down bringing my hands to my face , downward . This was all my fault . I was careless with my work and it costed my only true love's life.

I could never go through a hurt like that again , I thought . But it seems as though it's exactly what was happening .

I came back from my slight doze off . i looked at the time , seeing an hour , almost 2 , had passed already . I shook my head as Kassidy shifted in my lap . From 3 months old to 5 years old in the same situation again .

I shook my head as I held her tight. Michael seemed to be in a daze too and Amelia just restless in her seat before the waiting room door opened and in walked the same nurse making me , Mel and Michael's attention go to her as her mouth began to open .

______________________

— D.