Chapter 4

"A Request"

As I arrived in the dining hall, I stood there and told the both of them, "Mom, Dad, I need to tell you something thats really important."

They looked at me and my mother replied, "Sure dear, tell us what you need to talk about."

With no hesitation, I said it without regret, "Can you send a letter to the imperial palace and tell them to hire me as one of the crown prince's personal butler."

Their faces were filled with suprise, and my father asked, "Whats with this sudden request Lewis?"

Ive already planned all of my best excuses to make them agree, "I really want to be of help in this household since both of you have spoiled me enough, and the best way for me to do that is by becoming a personal servant to the crown prince who is next line to become the emperor, and if I establish a great relationship while serving his highness, it will highly benefit our family."

My mother stated in response, "Lewis we are merely just taking care of our child, theres nothing wrong for you to be treated as such, and besides, me and your father cant afford you collapsing or getting hurt while working."

I know they just want whats best for me but I really need this, please, I dont want the both of you to loose this child and be heart broken by my death, since I know you whole heartedly care for the person that I possessed.

"Mom, Dad, all of my life Ive been stuck in this house for the sake of your protection, but for once I really want to do something and help because Ill always feel guilty that if the both of you will die someday and I stay exactly like this with no improvement or whatsoever then how am I suppose to know on how to look out for myself, so I plead of you. I want this, no, I really need this." I continued in my head, for the sake of you both, and for myself.

Looking at them they were contemplating whether they'll agree or not, but since they know what I said was the truth they stared at each other and my mother nodded and for that they finally decided, "fine, I will send a letter to the imperial palace."

A big smile appeared on my face, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" And ran towards them while giving a hug.

Minutes later my father spoke, "You should start packing now since the trip to the imperial palace is quite far from here."

Upon releasing their embrace I immediately rushed to my room and started packing my belongings, after hours passed of preparations,  it is finally the time for me to say my farewells.

As both of my parents stood outside the gate, I uttered, "Mom, Dad, you do not know how grateful I am that you accepted my request." and gave them my last cuddle.

My mother replied, "Always take care of yourself ok? , and you must constantly remember to prioritise your health."

"I will mom, I promise."

My father added, "You are the pride and joy of our family, so keep in mind that if you need anything, just send us a letter."

"Thank you Dad. I really love the both of you so much."

If I'm being honest, Its so weird for me to experience parental affection cause for the longest time in my past life, both my parents hated me, specially my father, so im glad that even though they arent my original family I can really feel that they love their son so much.

By waving my goodbyes, the carriage had departed, I thought, now lets change my ill fated destiny.

TO BE CONTINUED!