_.-+*•°𝐴𝑑𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒°•*+-._

Start bij het begin

"Get off of-..!" I grunt, but I stopped. I look up at the man grabbing Yui. It's an officer. A fucking police officer! I can't fucking fight with an officer! It'll just cause more God damn trouble. And it could cause my brother more trouble, too... I let go of Yui, putting my hands down to my sides. Yui gasps, looking over at me. "Muichiro!?" He cries out, his eyes darting between me and the hand grabbing his wrist. I stand in silence, before tears start falling from my eyes. I drop down onto my knees, sobbing. "WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I'M SORRY! I'M SO SORRY!" I cry out, burying my face in my own hands. They both stare at me. "I ADMIT TO MY PITIFUL SINS!! LOCK ME UP ALL YOU WANT, BUT PLEASE, SPARE MY BROTHER!" I scream out helplessly, holding out my wrists."JUST PUT CUFFS ON ME AND THROW ME IN THE LOCKS!!" I trembled, my eyes squeezed shut tightly. Silence comes from both of them, and I can hear Yui grunting slightly, but not in a struggling way. I open my eyes seeing both of them stare at me, dumbfounded. "Hey, is this why you were running from me?" The officer asks. "You think I'm going to arrest you?" He asks, and Yui takes a step away from him to stand next to me, his wrist now released. "You're not?" Yui questions him, glancing down at me as I continue to cower. "Then why were you chasing us?" He looks up at the officer again, putting a hand on his own hip. "Well first of all... You were about to bite him, I had to make sure he was safe." He says, and Yui glances away, guilty. "And second, you're Kanroji's kids, right?" Me and my brother look at each other, puzzled, before looking back and nodding. "How'd you know?" I ask suspiciously, standing up straight again and holding onto my brother for comfort.

"I was friends with her in high school. I remember her, but I haven't seen her in a while." The officer explains. "I just wanted to ask how she's doing." "She's fine." Yui says with a sigh, his muscles relaxing, but his guard is still up, I can tell by the way his hand is in front of my stomach, blocking me from the officer. "Sorry, could you tell us who you are again?" Yui asks, his eyes narrowing. "Oh, how could I have forgotten something so simple." He says, taking off his own officer cap and putting it up to his own chest in a greeting. "My name is Goto." Goto says. "Goto, huh? Where have I heard that name..." Yui ponders, his voice trailing off. "Wait," I begin. "You're Kotetsu's parent, right?" I examine. Ah, Kotetsu. He's a little kid, only in... What, fourth, fifth grade now? One of the two. Me and Yui live on the same street as him, so we usually help him walk back to his house after school. "Oh, yeah." Yui realizes. "He's talked about you before. I knew I recognized that name." He adds. "He talks about you two, also. He seems to have taken a liking to you." Goto says. Even though it's such a basic statement I can't help but feel a little happy by those words.

Small author note: Reminder for anyone reading, Goto is a character from the original plotline, but I don't expect anyone to remember him since he was mentioned only a small amount of times. Goto was originally the Kakushi who claimed to always have run into Tanjiro.

"Well, I apologize for scaring you." Goto says, before turning away. "Make sure to get home safe, goodbye." As he starts walking away, I can hear Yui sigh heavily. "Wait." Brother says, holding his breath for a second as he momentarily looks at me. "Can you give us a ride home?" Yui asks. "We need to get back home, quick. Our mom must be worried sick about us..." He adds, his eyes flickering closed to regain his composure, before he opens them again. "Brother..." I mutter under my own breath. Goto looks at us, shrugging and nodding with a sigh. "Kanroji has always been a worrier, hasn't she?" Goto sighs. "Okay, I'll lead you back to my car." We follow him out of the park, following the trail back. Once we're back out to the parking lot, Goto unlocks the cop car. He opens the back car door for us as we approach the car. "Okay, let me know your address so I can drive you-" Goto tries to ask, but he's quickly interrupted.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!!!" A distant, familiar voice yells, rushing in our direction. "WOAH, HEY!?" Goto yells.

A sharp slap sound becomes audible. My eyes finally focus on the motion, and- "MOM!?" Brother yells, taking a step back and pushing me back behind him. I can hear a few people yelling, but I can't see since Yui is blocking the way. "What's going on!?" I yell out, looking over my brother's shoulder to see what's happening. It's mom, and she's yelling and scolding Goto. Wow, I've never seen her this angry before. Why is mom even here, anyways!? Did she track us down somehow? "Yui, what the fuck is going on!?" I mutter to my brother, but he seems too shocked to respond verbally. Seeing Yui do nothing as the situation escalates to mom tugging on Goto's hair, I rush up to mom and try to pull her off of him. "Mom, quit it! Please!" I cry out desperately, grabbing and yanking her hands away from the officer. "I'M NOT STOPPING UNTIL THIS MAN LEARNS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE TRIES TO ARREST MY BABY BOYS!" Mom yells, and I have to pull her away from Goto myself, but she keeps grasping and trying to swing at him. "Shit lady! I'll have to God damn arrest you if you keep swinging around!" He yells, reaching down to grab a weapon on his belt. Seeing this, I reacted quickly. Too quickly. It freaked me out, so I ended up acting without thought. I raise my own hand. "STOP, PLEASE!" I scream.