"Cause you talking like that, knowing I'm backed up and can't do shit about it-" Tayleigh started to explain. "I'm backed up too and can't do shit about it either!" I cut her off.

"You'd think getting your own place means free will and freedom to buss it wide open at anytime. But no. At least, not when you have a Lyric around." Destiny explained. "Buss it wide open is crazy." Tayleigh said.

"I'm serious." I voiced. "Yea but, how is Lyric?" Tayleigh wondered.

"She's okay. Some days she's still nonverbal. Other days, she can be talkative. But she sleeps better overall." I explained.

About five minutes later, Tayleigh and I were attempting to say our goodbyes. Yet we ended up talking for a little while longer.

"I really do miss seeing your pretty face princess..." Tayleigh expressed.

My ass definitely started blushing lowkey.

"Okay, I have to go now." I nervously smiled to myself. "I can't stand when you do that shit. Get me all in my feelings and shit, then try to get off of the phone." Tayleigh voiced.

"Causeee, you make me nervous." I admitted.

"Mm, well that's not how you act. Be nice. But yea, I have to go now so I'll talk to you later. I love you." Tayleigh said for the hundredth time.

"Mhm...I...love you too." I quickly rushed out. "Just pitiful." Tayleigh teased. I chuckled some to myself. Tayleigh and I then actually got off the phone.

I finished getting ready to leave my apartment.

About a week after Malik got back from jail, I just had to move out. And as promised, I brought Lyric with me. I had to regardless, Malik's in no shape to care for a child nor himself.

We got into a lot the first week he came back. Over everything, including Tayleigh and I's relationship. He said I was sleeping with the enemy's blood and the possible murderers of Pierre.

Not only that but, I also came home from work once and Lyric was in the kitchen standing on the counter, attempting to find herself something to eat in the cabinets.

And where was Malik? On the couch, high off a percs and God knows what else, nearly ready to pass out.

I understand he's going through a lot, but that's where I drew the line.

Malik's been abusing drugs since and so I moved out and took Lyric with me. Later I enrolled her in a daycare program so I could still work. And I think it's safe to say, my car's on hold for now.

My days were fully packed and never ending nowadays. I was always doing something. And now I was currently on my way to the store, then to pick up Lyric from daycare.

As I was waiting at the bus stop, I received a call from one of Malik's homeboys. EJ.

"Hello?" I answered my phone, confused and slightly alarmed. "Yo Des, Malik is like kinda unresponsive right now." I heard him say, in a slight panic.

"What do you mean kinda unresponsive?" I questioned, standing up from the bench.

"Well, we all know how he been over doing it with the drugs and shit lately. This time, I think he really over did it. He can barely hold his head up, open his eyes or speak. Quinn and I left for a sec and he was like this when we came back." he explained.