Prologule

(I do not own Ben 10 or any of the art in this chapter)

===========================================================================

The alarm rang.

It was the sound that he had grown to hate, but knew he himself was the one who set it to go off at this time.

He reached out from underneath the warmth of the covers, keeping his eyes shut and feeling around on the shelf next to his bed to find his phone so he could hit the snooze button and grant him the sweet reprieve of 10 more minutes.

"... Got it."

He pulled his phone into the warmth of the blankets, but not before turning down the brightness as to not hurt his weary eyes. But just as he hit the snooze button, looked at the time.

5:45 AM.

Ben groaned as he remembered he had set his alarm so that if he hit the snooze button, he would be late for his first collage class. Once again, he was his own worst enemy, and these past 2 months have sure reminded him of that.

The tired 18 year-old sat up on his mattress, wrapping the blanket around his back as his weary eyes took in the first beams of sunlight through the window as birds began to chirp outside.

As per usual, Ben's room was rather plain. Next to his bed was a white book shelf with 10 layers containing either a few study books, or old action figures. Aside from a few posters on the wall and a bench in the corner, there was plenty of empty space, which Ben didn't seem to mind.

Between solo hero work, collage, and procrastination on the PS4, he didn't have much time to decorate.

He begrudgingly got up, groaning as he left the comfort of his warm bed and soft blankets, heading to the bathroom near the foot of his bed to take a shower and get ready for school. It was on days like this that Ben wondered why he, the user of the most powerful device in the galaxy had chosen to go to ordinary collage.

[2 Months Ago]

A large crowd of plumber agents gathered around the main area of the underground plumber base with Max Tennyson, Kevin Levin, and Gwen Tennyson standing in the middle. A split in the crowd began to form as Ben walked towards Max, wondering what was going on. But they all knew what was about to happen.

"Hey Grandpa. Guys." Ben said, stopping. "What's... going on?"

Max hesitated, looking at Gwen but proceeded after she nodded. Kevin simply looked at the ground. 

"Ben Tennyson... from this day forwards, you are no longer a member of the plumbers." Max said, taking the badge from Ben's belt.

"What?!" Ben roared. "... why?"

"I've already told you Ben. You're being to irrational with your powers." Max said. "I can't trust you to lead others if you can't make the right decisions for yourself."

"This is so not fair!" Ben exclaimed.

"WELL IT WASN'T FAIR WHEN THAT LITTLE GIRL ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE YOU GOT DISTRACTED EITHER WAS IT?!" Gwen roared. 

"..."

"Kevin, even you too?!" Ben asked.

"It was their decision Tennyson, not mine." Kevin said.

Ben simply scoffed, entering the elevator. As it began to close, he saw Gwen look at him with a mix of guilt and annoyance. But Ben only felt one thing... anger.

[Present Day]

Ben slowly poured milk from a jug into his bowl of Frosted Flakes, pulling his phone from his pocket. He slowly walked towards the small table next to the window, still looking at his phone and not bumping into anything simply because he knew where everything was after doing this so many times.