CHAPTER 15: THERE WILL COME A SOLDIER

(Just a heads up this will contain information from Jedi: Survivor and slight spoilers if you haven't been caught up with that storyline yet. Anywaaaaayyyy not much to say this chapter, no warnings I think just the usual angst. Have fun!)

A deafening silence leaves the colossal room barren. The surrounding darkness choking all light and life in it's presence. The ghostly Jedi had long left, and a gaping void now resided where he once stood. As if he had taken all light along with him.

But the silence is soon broken as the voice of a familiar red-headed General fills the resident Inquisitor's ears, "Stay on guard, they have commenced their attack as planned."

She decides to stay silent, trusting that he knew she'd heard him as she stays leaned against a wall.

But her posture stiffens as she spots a blinking red light on one of the support beams. A light that definitely shouldn't be there.

The device is relatively small, a bit bigger than the palm of her hand. And the blinking light shines from the center of the sphere. An explosive. After sparing a glance around she notices multiple more on other major support beams.

Her eyes narrow as she follows the path of blinking red lights, deactivating them as she goes. The only question is how are they here? Were they placed ahead of time? And if so, how long have they known the inner workings of the base?

No, no that's not possible. She'd have noticed the lights beforehand if they were already there. Which leaves only one conclusion...

Someone is here.

After deactivating yet another explosive, she tosses it to the level below her. Letting the loud BANG resonate through the oscillator.

And as the round, silver, explosive lands beside the intruder's foot, he backs away closer to the wall as he spares a careful glance upwards. Silently cursing when he hears the loud footsteps above him.

"Finally figure out a frontal assault wouldn't work? I was beginning to wonder if I'd overestimated your competence."

BANG

Another explosive gone.

"Who'd they send on this suicide mission anyways? Their Golden Boy Poe Dameron perhaps? Or someone more... expendable?"

BANG

"You do realize the hopelessness of your situation don't you? We knew you'd come, and we were prepared. Aaaaaalllllllll according to plan."

BANG

"It's not some Jedi trick, you're just very repetitive."

BANG

Before her taunting can continue, the door beside her slides open with a resounding hiss. And her brows furrow upon seeing a familiar black mask surrounded by stormtroopers.

The Inquisitor steps forward, casting a glance to the level below her before facing the commander. "Why are you here? Where's the girl?"

"She escaped."

Her biting tone reverberates throughout the oscillator, frustration bubbling against her chest. "Then why are you here?! Find her! We need that map! How did she even escape? There were guards."

The robotic voice of his mask is dead, and expressionless. But despite this, Reia senses something deeper going on. Kylo would not so easily abandon his mission. "She's begun to unlock her abilities in the force."

With a sigh, a scarred hand pinches the bridge of her nose, "Meaning the longer we wait, the stronger she gets." she brings her hand away with a tilt of her head, waving it to the taller man for an explanation. "Which brings me back to my first question. Why are you here?"