Start of Classes

Sleep didn't come easy, not knowing what Ethel or Pansy might do while she slept. Still, Hermione eventually fell asleep, the strange eerie light from the underwater windows flickering through the night.

When she awoke, she woke early and quickly dressed, planning on heading straight to breakfast, only to pause, taking a deep breath. "I can't leave Neville alone. Not until I know he knows the way back. Even I'm not sure of the way."

She shook her head, stepping out into the Slytherin common room, feeling the cold chill of the room when the lights playing across the floor by the window drew her attention. She walked over, sucking in her breath. "Wow. It's magical."

"Not at all."

Hermione turned her head, frowning. "Malfoy."

"The one and only."

"Why do you like bothering me?"

"I don't. I just..."

"Is Neville up?"

"Him?" Draco let out a sigh.

"Yes. I'm a bit worried he might get lost trying to make his way to breakfast." Hermione watched a look of relief wash over his face. "Why? What does he have to be relieved over?"

"I could, you know, go back?" Draco said.

"But if he's still sleeping," Hermione said. "Don't. I'm an early riser."

"I can help him, you know."

"Stop trying to be a prince charming," Hermione sighed. "I mean, that is what you're trying to do, isn't it?"

Draco's ears and cheeks turned red, stark against his pale skin, which likely came from the Black side of the family, yet Hermione's never went so pale—only Sybil. He choked, then said. "What if I am?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Well then, stop it. It's majorly annoying."

"Hermione?"

"Oh! Neville!" Hermione said, turning her attention to Neville.

"I'm so worried about what kind of letter I might receive from Gran."

Hermione glanced around and, seeing nobody who didn't yet know the secret, said, "Don't worry. Remember? My sister Esme sent her a letter last night?"

"But my reasons," Neville sighed.

"I'm quite sure Esme understood you like I did when you said friends don't abandon friends."

"Those two from Ravenclaw," Draco started saying.

"Stow it," Hermione turned her head. "Matilda tried, and the hat wouldn't let her."

"Well, it does take into consideration..." Draco sighed. "I am not going to win this argument, am I?"

"Not very likely," Hermione said. "But I wouldn't mind you trying." She reached out and grabbed Neville's robes. "Let's head to breakfast, but get that robe straightened on our way there. We've Herbology with Ravenclaw this morning, so we'll be able to see Matilda and Maud."

"Oh. Good," Neville said, cheering as they left Draco behind, or so she thought, only for him to sit down near them at the breakfast table. She sighed and chose to ignore him, instead going over her book.

"We've potions with Gryffindor as well," Draco said.

"Ah. And you're telling me this because?"

"We don't exactly get along."

"And why is that?" Hermione said.

"Because we don't," Draco said.

"Well, that's a very dumb reason."

Cinders and Magic (Harry Potter/Worst Witch Crossover)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें