Blind Fools: Chapter 22

Chapter 22

She must be crazy to even be deliberating his offer. But...oh, heavens! The things his lips were doing to the side of her neck right now...and he wasn't even properly touching her yet. Ophelia gained her balance and stepped away from him. Raul was now talking with another man in the shadows of the bar's awnings, and she knew it would be rude to ditch him like this...but what the hell?

No one else was making a better offer. Sex, without strings. And good sex, if Ian's not-actually-touching was any indication. It may even be great sex.

Well, that was too much to ask for. She only wanted to experience her inner muscles clamping down with release while still attached to a semi-sexy man. Then she could check that off her list, “Things to do before I die.” Finish college: check. Own a business: check. Stay out of debt: check. Be part of a normal woman-man sexual encounter: unfulfilled.

Hmm. Bed buddies. Friends with Benefits. She actually kind of liked the sound of that. She'd never heard of the practice, but maybe Sylvia knew about it. She was the casual sex sort of girl. Ophelia made a mental note to ask her neighbor about what entailed when one agreed to become a “Bed buddy.”

Ian waited patiently for her answer. She glanced over at Raul, blinking when she saw his I-like-you smile directed at the other man. Weird. She cleared her throat and reminded herself, it's only for one night. In the morning, she can change her mind, if she wanted to.

“I have one condition,” she said to Ian.

“Name it.”

“If I agree to this, you have to back off.”

He frowned. “That's not really...”

She held up a hand to stop his objection and noticed that her fingers shook violently. “I mean that in the morning, I can go home, and you have to leave me alone for a while so I can decide what I want to do next.”

“How long?” he asked warily.

“As long as it takes,” she replied testily.

“One week,” he clarified in a voice that brook no argument.

She sighed. “One week,” she agreed, and he grinned and said, “Can I kiss you now, or would you rather wait until we get back to my loft?”

“I think we should wait,” she said, wringing her hands and wondering if she was a fool to allow this. If he kissed her now, things would happen, police would be called for indecent exposure, and then by next week, her very own sex tape would be aired on the internet.

“Okay,” he said and leaned in close to her. “But I'm warning you now, once that door closes behind us, you don't have a lot of say in what happens.”

Ophelia let out one wary breath and then consented because she knew she didn't have a lot of say in what happened anyway. Her body was doing all the talking anyway, and it shouted, “Yes! Yes! A million times, yes!”