𝟬𝟭𝟰. ❛ stay the night ❜

Depuis le début

matt's eyebrows raise at the sharpness of her answer and she expects him to argue, but he only hums. "can't argue that," he murmurs, his eyes trailing over her face as he lowers his voice to then ask, "are you staying the night?"

maisie takes in a sudden breath at his question, not expecting those to be his next words. she presses her lips together, looking away to think on it for a moment before she sighs, "i should probably—"

"stay the night." she feels the sound of his voice when he cuts her off in her stomach. he sounds so firm, and the eye contact he holds with her is too strong for her to think twice before responding to him for a second time.

"okay," she replies on instinct, despite the fact that her parents finding out could ruin her. when he's looking at her like he is now, the forbidden factor is hard to keep in mind. he immediately appears distinctively pleased with her answer though, so she drags it on with, "why should i?"

she's not really sure why she's setting herself up by asking questions like that, but a part of her just likes it. she stopped herself from sleeping with him again downstairs although she was dangerously close to it. she can keep little of her dignity when it comes to making out on the couch, but being in matt's bed with him is a different story. she shouldn't be making temptations worse for herself and she knows it, but the way he quickly smirks has her regretting nothing.

offering a different form of response, matt steps forward and smoothly slides his hands over the small of her bare back uncovered by her crop top. maisie takes in a sharp breath as she registers his touch, knowing matt's next movements before his lips are suddenly back on hers. they were just there moments ago, but the feeling still feels fresh and passionate enough for her hands to instinctively reach out for something to grab. this time her fingers grip the necklace decorating his collarbones, and the coldness of the metal against her skin has her instinctively leaning back.

matt follows her as she leans back, his hands staying firmly placed on the low of her back as he deepens the kiss. maisie's upper back hits the edge of a counter the further she leans back and matt takes her position to his advantage, sliding his hands further around her as he pulls her waist against him. when they break apart and she's breathing against his lips, he says again, now in a whisper, "stay the night."

maisie doesn't think she has the ability to manage a verbal response, so she repeatedly nods her head. matt's reappearing smirk is the last thing she's able to process before his lips are back on hers. out of everything she's been exposed to in her lifetime, kissing him has got to be her favorite drug so far. doing it drunk was one thing, but now, she really wouldn't mind getting used to it sober, and that scares her.

she decides not to let her thoughts ruin the spell of matt's lips and internally shakes it off, letting go of her hold on his necklace and sliding her hands up the sides of his neck. she welcomes the warmth of his skin and slides her hands around the back until her fingers reach the ends of his hair. when she begins running strands though her fingers, his kissing grows sloppier and he raises a hand from her back to cup her cheek. he lifts her cheek to angle her head more and she finds herself melting into him. "fuck," he curses after having to pull away and catch his breath. "i can't get enough."

maisie's heart beats out of her chest at his words and she finds herself grinning like a devil as their breathing fills the quiet room. she doesn't know how he always seems to say the right things, but she's too busy focusing on his mouth to think on it any further.

this time however, before their lips are able to meet once more, they are surprisingly stopped by not themselves, but an outside interruption. "no way." another person's voice echos in the kitchen, matt and maisie's eyes widening as they quickly realize they are no longer alone.