Prayers And Thanksgivings Chapters of Common Book of Prayer P2

For The Church of God

O Gracious Father, we humbly beseech thee for thy holy Catholic Church; that thou would-est be pleased to fill it with all truth, in all peace.
Where it is corrupt, purify it; where it is in error, direct it; where in any thing it is amiss, reform it.
Where it is right, establish it; where it is in want, provide for it; where it is divided, reunite it; for the sake of him who died and rose again, and ever liveth to make intercession for us, Jesus Christ, thy Son, our Lord. Amen.

For The Unity of God's People
O God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, our only Saviour, the Prince of Peace; Give us grace seriously to lay to heart the great dangers we are in by our unhappy divisions. Take away all hatred and prejudice, and whatsoever else may hinder us from godly union and concord: that as there is but one Body and one Spirit, and one hope of our calling, one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism, one God and Father of us all, so we may be all of one heart and of one soul, united in one holy bond of truth and peace, of faith and charity. And may we with one mind and one mouth glorify thee through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.

For Missions
O God, who hast made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on the face of the whole earth, and didst send thy blessed Son to preach peace to them that are far off and to them that are nigh. Grant that all men everywhere may seek after thee and find thee. Bring the nations into thy fold, pour out thy Spirit upon all flesh, and hasten thy kingdom; through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

2nd Prayer For Missions
Almighty God whose compassions fail not, and whose loving-kindness reacheth unto the world's end. We give thee humble thanks for opening heathen lands to the light of thy truth, for making paths in the deep waters and highways in the desert; and for planting thy Church in all the earth. Grant, we beseech thee, unto us thy servants, that with lively faith we may labour abundantly to make known to all men thy blessed gift of eternal life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For Those Who Are To Be Admitted Into The Holy Order
Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who hast purchased to thyself an universal Church by the precious blood of thy dear Son; Mercifully look upon the same, and at this time so guide and govern the minds of thy servants the Bishops and Pastors of thy lock, that they may lay hands suddenly on no man, but faithfully and wisely make choice of fit persons, to serve in the sacred Ministry of thy Church. And to those who shall be ordained to any holy function give thy grace and heavenly benediction; that both by their life and doctrines—they may show forth thy glory and set forward the salvation of all men through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.

2nd prayer below For Those Who Are To Be Admitted Into The Holy Order

Almighty God, the good giver of all good gifts, who of thy divine providence hast appointed divers Orders in thy Church—Give thy grace, we humbly beseech thee to all those who are to be called to any office and administration in the same. And so replenish them with the truth of thy doctrine, and endue them with innocency of life—that they may faithfully serve before thee, to the glory of thy great Name, and the benefit of thy holy Church; through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.

For The Increase of the Ministry
O Almighty God look mercifully upon the world which thou hast redeemed by the blood of thy dear Son, and incline the hearts of many to dedicate themselves to the sacred Ministry of thy Church; through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.

For Fruitful Seasons
Almighty God who hast blessed the earth: that it should be fruitful and bring forth whatsoever is needful for the life of man, and hast commanded us to work with quietness, and eat our own bread. Bless the labours of the husbandman, and grant such reasonable weather that we may gather in the fruits of the earth, and ever rejoice in thy goodness, to the praise of thy holy Name through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.

2nd set of three chapters by three chapters really mean three tiny pages-Lumna10.