CHAPTER 12

Walking back and forth, I rehearsed my part for one last time. Today's the defense day and it's only the three of us to defend our paper. We're in the lobby, and we are about to be called in a few minutes. "'Di na ba talaga hahabol si Clark?" Larry asked again.

I already told them about him beforehand, but they were still hoping he'd come. "Wala siyang reply," I said, after checking my phone for any text messages coming from him.

It's been almost a week since he was sent to the hospital. I wasn't able to pay a visit because of the approaching defense day, and I had to work on everything because he couldn't join us.

"Kinakabahan ako," Krissa stuttered. "What if irereject din tayo?"

"Hindi nga, Krissa. Ano ka ba? Eh, halos ayos na ayos 'yong papel natin dahil kay Blaise."

"Eh ayos din naman 'yong kina Sheena ah! Pero binagsak pa rin sila!"

"Geronimo's Group," a faculty member called us to enter the room.

I looked back at the hallway once more, but still, I didn't see any figure of him in the crowd. I went into the room with Krissa and Larry. We greeted everyone with a smile, amidst the shaking of my hands.

We started our presentation and took turns on discussing the contents of our study. During my breaks, I was praying we would be able to get through the panelists' murderous set of questions—

"Good day, my apologies for being late," a guy in his business attire showed up, with brushed up hair and a smile on his face.

I was expecting him, but somehow, I didn't see him coming.

"Why are you late, Mister Saavedra? They have just finished the presentation," one panelist interrogated him.

He then handed a folder to them. Upon opening it, the scrutinizing wince in their faces faded out. "Okay. You were sick. Let's proceed to the questions," the panelist announced.

They threw us a lot of questions, especially to Larry and Krissa who were clearly nervous, but luckily, they were able to give concrete answers that satisfied them, and so did I. Clark was given two questions; probably considering he was sick.

After toasting our paper, in the end, we left the room with a sigh of relief. "Grabe sila. Muntikan tayo," Krissa sighed.

"Congrats sa'tin!" Larry exhilarates, jumping in joy. "Buti nakahabol ka pa, Clark!"

"Pwede ka na mauna. Magpahinga ka muna sa inyo," I told him. He turned to me, with a smile like nothing had happened to him.

"I'm okay. Let's eat dinner together! My treat," he said.

"Ayan ang gusto ko!" Larry agreed, and so Krissa. I was the only one left to join. As if I had any other choice, but to agree too.

We changed clothes first and finally left the school. We took a taxi and headed to the mall. Clark's on the front seat while the three of us were at the back.

"Bati na pala kayo?" Krissa whispered.

As a reply, I shrugged my shoulders. She and Larry were the only ones whom I told about the true story. They were probably surprised upon seeing him earlier, after all the sudden turn of events.

We finally reached the mall and Clark paid for the fare. Then he asked where we should eat. "Any suggestions?"

"Samgyup!" Krissa gushed.

"Eat all you can!" Larry suggested.

He turned to me, waiting to say anything. "Ikaw, Blaise, ano gusto mo?"

Tangled Hearts [On-Going - Slow Update]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें