CM - Spencer Reid and Aaron Hotchner

Summary: You and Spencer had been dating in secret for a shockingly long amount of time. You'd become so good at lying that no one knew---not even your closest friends and family. What happens when you're abducted and the secret has to come out in order to save you?

PART TWO

Pairings: Spencer Reid x Reader (romantic), Hotch x Daughter!Reader, and Season 8 BAU x Hotchner!Reader

Trigger Warnings: Kidnapping, alcoholism/addiction, murder, swearing, abusive/controlling ex-boyfriend, psychological torture, non-consensual touching, mentions of SA/rape, and general Criminal Minds level gore/violence/themes

Requested: No

Special Notes:
• To achieve being able to tell this story through different perspectives (Reid, Hotch, and eventually Y/n) I'm attempting to style this like a typical episode of Criminal Minds. I think it's my first time doing it like this, so lmk if you love it or hate it (or if it makes a lick of sense lol).
• I am not an expert on FBI protocol, but we all know that the BAU handles cases involving loved ones, so we're just going to pretend that they automatically have jurisdiction when it comes to Y/n's case since she is Hotch's daughter and Reid's girlfriend
• I will be somewhat paraphrasing a Spencer Reid quote from the episode Zugzwang because that episode has a heavy inspiration for how I'm going about writing Spencer's thought process through the ordeal
• We are going to pretend that Virginia is a lot smaller than it is, because if we don't, the pacing may seem a little fast. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible, but it's easy to forget when the words are flowing lol

——————————————————————————

"Sharing secrets can build up trust whereas keeping secrets can break that trust."

— Unknown

Spencer took a moment to scan the room before fumbling for his cellphone. He knew that he'd need to be as detailed as possible, especially considering no one knew how long you'd been missing. As his thumbs pressed against the screen, he wondered how useful he'd really be. The scenarios he imagined you to be in clouded his mind so much that he couldn't focus on the case itself. Truthfully, he wasn't even sure if he was currently competent enough to present the case to your father.

Hotch's thick brows furrowed when he saw Spencer's name light up his phone screen. "Reid?" When the young genius stayed silent, the man tensed. "Spencer, is everything alright?"

Spencer's mouth had gone dry---he knew you were running out of time, but he was petrified. Even though he wasn't standing face-to-face with his boss, he could picture the reaction perfectly; his facial expression would be controlled, but his eyes would reveal the panic he truly felt. Aaron Hotchner was the king of compartmentalization, but, when it came to his family, his emotions could get in the way as quickly as anyone's.

Hotch glanced out of his office window to see Morgan, Rossi, and Garcia congregating in the bullpen. "Reid, if you're in some kind of trouble, send me a signal." He kept his eyes on the few members of his team that were still in the office, fearing that he'd have to tell them that they had another case involving their friend.

Spencer shook his head and swallowed hard. "Hotch, it's Y/n." He tried to steady his voice. "Someone took her."

Aaron's back straightened. "Are you sure?" He put his phone on speaker so he could check the text thread between you; the last text he received from you was sent at 10:15 p.m., shortly after the team returned from their case.